drinking water... maybe yu can help?

miss_shavontae
on 6/19/11 5:34 am
i listened to a lot of yu all frm my last post & today im starting bck on liquids.

here's the new "issue" & maybe im jus unaware but hopefully someone out there can help...

drinking water is uncomfy. my chest makes a weird rumbling noide, or maybe its my tummy? lol idk. i took nexium this morning jus in case its reflux. i dont think it is. took some gas x strips & walked but still everytime i sip, it happens. like my mouth gets water[y] as if im abt to throw up but i don't have to throw up. Thank God.

if this is kinda normal then i'll leave it alone but im jus nervous i'll get dehyrated again if everytime i drink its causes discomfort.

im going to call my surgeon 2mrw & let him kno abt everything thats been going on since he's been on vacay for the last week. i always stop here first, jus to see =]
       HW: 308 |  SW: 288 |  CW: 237 |  GW: 187

angieb77
on 6/19/11 6:13 am - Blaine, MN
When your mouth gets really watery like that and you feel like you are going to throw up it is called the "foamies".  I spoke with my doctor on the phone yesterday because I am experiencing the same thing.  He said that means your pouch is full.  He said to get it to empty you need to walk around and gravity will take care of it.  I'm sorry you are having a rough time, it is no fun.

Here is what I am doing/trying.  I bought some smar****er.  It has electrolytes in it so it helps to keep you from getting dehydrated.  Try to space out your water a little bit more if you keep getting that feeling.  I don't know if they gave you a timer but I got mine in the hospital.  I set it and it goes
off every 15 minutes.  At that point I take two small sips of water.  Reset it and if I feel comfortable I take another sip or two before the timer goes off again.  It is hard to get all of the water in.  But I'm told it gets easier with time. 

When you talk with your doctor tomorrow you might want to ask for a rx for Levsin.  It helps with nausea and it relieves "fullness".  I'm supposed to take it every 4 hours and it does seem to help.  I also have zofran which helps with nausea and vomiting.  I'm not sure if they gave you any medicine to help with your vomitting or nausea.  Both of these pills dissolve on the tongue and are really easy to take.  I was also given a PPI (Proton Pump Inhibiter.)  This has helped a lot with my reflux.  I take it twice daily before meals.  I have prevacid solutab.

Hope that helps.  Feel better!

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

ms_dar
on 6/19/11 6:27 am - Canada
small sips and with a minute or two between may help. Also try different temperature of beverage. I have trouble with cold drinks but warm goes down fine even now I prefer room temp water rather than cold water.  I also do better with flavoured water or tea than with plain old tap water. Try different things until you discover what works for you but make sure you find a way to get those liquids into you. Good luck!

reilareila
on 6/19/11 6:33 am
 Oh yay, I'm glad someone understands what I'm also going through.
I'm sorry, I know it sucks.
I obviously don't know a solution, but I hope things improve for you. 
Mammamia1290
on 6/19/11 10:16 am
I know the the beginning I had trouble w plain tap water. I drank tons of gatorade to help keep me hydrated. Also cyrstal light, and bottle water goes down much easier than tap.good luck:0)
theshrinkingmimi
on 6/19/11 11:28 am
I have a similar problem- but not the foamies. I'm getting better each day. I think that you have to figure out the timing and amount, and it changes over time. I have a 3 glass goal today. No matter the discomfort, I have to take in the water. The most common complication soon after surgery  that I've seen on this forum seems to be dehydration. I crushed some ice in the blender to help- don't need to now.

I almost feel that it gets better if you just keep trying. I know that I am better. About 1-2 a day I can't drin****il I walk and burp several times- laying down is intolerable and sitting isn't easy either. Sometimes I seem to walk forever. However, it used to be an all day thing. I'm worse late at night before bedtime, which makes me think that it is about fullness of stomach. So, I'm trying to eat my 3rd meal at an earlier time to give my stomach a longer rest before trying to drink.  I'm best in the morning.

I do 3/4 room temp water with 1/4 water from fridge.

Hang in there.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
sass.a.frass
on 6/19/11 1:46 pm - white oak, TX
Hey Shavontae,
   Sometimes when you're borderline dehydrated, you'll still be nauseated. Keep sipping, but do it in small amounts, and without a straw. The crazy tummy sounds are normal for some (myself included), but it gets better. Sounds like you have a finicky pouch, like me.......
   I went through the dehydrated thing too....S-U-C-K-S!
   Remember that dehydration CAUSES nausea, and vice versa. Are you taking anti nausea meds to help?

Insanity is doing the same things over and over, but expecting different results.

Sass.a.frass

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views