Small Goals...

jennyfur76
on 6/19/11 9:31 pm - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
So, today starts my clear liquid diet, prepping for 10:30am surgery tomorrow!! YAY!!!

I started at my consult around 366 lbs. My pre-op appt w/doc was 357, and this morning (at least according to my scale), I'm down to 341!!  25 lbs!! WTF???

I have to giggle a little when people post on here that they made it to One-derland. I too, am hoping to get there someday. At the moment, I'll just be happy to make it to TwosVille.  
At the moment I'm still stuck in "threes-a-crowd."

I have another doc appt this morning (annual follow up for my ankle replacement), which the doc is 2 1/2 hrs away. My mom is riding along with me. Kinda bittersweet...we used to make a day out of it and go out to eat, shopping, movie etc. But...today we will just go down for my appt and head back home. I'm all stocked up on Propel and Crystal Lite!! Yummy! lol

I guess I kinda met my first goal which was to get under 350. My next will be to get under 300. So, we'll see how it goes!!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!!

peepster47
on 6/19/11 10:13 pm
I was right where you are 3 months ago.  HW  367   SW  335   CW 290     Not sure how the lost weight compares to others who have had VSG but I feel fortunate that I've lost what I have even though I have hit considerable stalls since the surgery. I've seen a lot of posts though where it seems that I'm close to target compared to a lot of other people. I'm striving to bump up my exercise and my protein to try to start losing again.  I've learned that this is not a magical fix..............still requires work.  Yesterday's family get together was hard with everyone else eating, eating, eating and me trying to avoid all the goodies.  My blood work was awesome a few weeks ago so I try to focus on the positive and not so much on the fact that the scales don't move every day like I want them to.  I get scared sometimes,worrying that this isn't going to work for me and then I remind myself that it's been years since I've been below 300 so that in itself is a bigger accomplishment than I could ever have attained on my own.    Good luck with your surgery. 

HW   367          SW   335        
PBJ
on 6/20/11 12:07 am
Good luck to you tomorrow!  This is going to be the best thing you ever did for yourself!!
I really like the idea of small rewards along the way..I did that too and rewarded myself with something.  (I like treats..so I love rewards..the non food kind now!)
]Best of luck to you and soon you will be on the losers bench!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
sleevegirl
on 6/20/11 12:32 am - Austin, TX
Yay, I'm with you tomorrow, mine is at 2pm. Whew... we can do it!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Chimere
on 6/20/11 12:38 am
How did you lose your weight prior to surgery? what did you do what plan ?
Elaine2
on 6/20/11 1:12 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey, at least you started in the 3s...In my case, started in the 4s.
Major celebration when I hit the 2s. At the rate I'm going, 199 will be towards the end of 2011.

But my point is...I'm a great believer in small goals leading to many accomplishments! I just celebrate the next set of 10s...289, 279, 260 etc.  In my case...love earrings, so I buy myself a cheapo pair at every new goal.  Or a new piece of music for the ipod...something other than food to celebrate.

Just a thought. Congrats and good luck. You've done great!

Paul11011
on 6/20/11 5:40 am
Congratulations!  You're doing awesome.  Your ability to lose before had is a good indication of your commitment and ability to follow your plan post op.  I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 84 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views