NSV scary yet fascinating

inkslingerdiva
on 6/27/11 2:33 pm - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
Today on my weekly pilgrimage to Ross' clothing store I found out something new. In the harsh light of the dressing room I can now see where my ribs attach to my sternum (all the while still having a nasty albeit smaller pot belly).

I was sort of fascinated with how thin I have become in some spots while being fat in others. I carry alot of fat in my belly and above my pubic bone but have bony shoulders. I noticed I can feel my entire tailbone like a triangle barely an eighth of an inch below the skin.

In the size dept my hips are a size six but my waist is a size 16...so scary!
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 2:42 pm - Castle Rock, CO
totally feel u. on this.. im losing weight like crazy (even skin/boney looking in my legs & shoulders, etc) except my belly!! it is actually becoming a literal 'drag' to carry around.. it is losing fat inside i know cuz it moves & waves when i walk.. but it is slowing me down considerably and the main reason why it doesnt look like ive lost much weight altho i hv on the scale! its also why i cant post any nsv on losing pant sizes.. since i still hv to wear ones with stretch/ elastic & not the zip up jeans n such... very depressing.. i just hope when the body realizes theres not anywhere else to pull / burn fat left, it will eventually hv no choice but to burn from there as well !! sighhhhhh
cattywompos
on 6/27/11 9:57 pm
I feel ya on this one.  Although I know it is shrinking, I still have what I not-so-affectionately call my spare tube with patches (surgery scars) hanging around my waist.  I too would probably be in a smaller pant size if I didn't have that to cram into my clothing.  And don't get me started on my poor saggy boobs!!  They aren't losing volume as much as they are losing firmness :) They just keep getting lower and lower, flatter and flatter and jelloier and jelloier, but yet I still have to cram all that skin and boobness into a DD. But, I figure it is still all worth it to feel the way I do today...96lbs lighter!!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

jujube123
on 6/28/11 1:38 pm
 I lost my boobs too!  Damn shame that was.  What a wrinkly mess they have become.  I too have some remarkable weight loss areas of my body, bones I can feel under the wrinkles.  Looking forward to plastic surgery some day!!  Best wishes, Julie

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views