mexico , tiuana

monkers
on 6/28/11 12:00 pm
i was just wondering if anyone has gone to that hospital and was it a good experience? i am planning on having the sleeve, originally planned on having the band, but with all my re search think the sleeve will be much better choice! any ideas? suggestions? before i make the decision? and how fast will i loose the weight? i am 225 right now.. thanks
Cheryl S.
on 6/28/11 12:10 pm - Montpelier, VA
Had my sleeve done state side, but have heard good things from others.  I also started out with plans of the lap band and switched to the sleeve.  I need a permanent fix!!  If I had the band, I could see myself a year down the road telling them to take it out so I could eat a pizza!  LOL  Everyone varies on the speed of weight loss, so you can't really compare to others.  It really is amazing how different everybody is in every aspect of the surgery.  Do what you feel is right and you will be fine!  I am 3 months post op and down 61 pounds.  I weigh 1 more pound than you do BEFORE surgery, so you will look FABULOUS!!!!!  Best wishes on this journey!

LapbandDawn
on 6/28/11 12:12 pm
Read through the posts on this forum and you will find lots of great info on the sleeve. Also check out the revisions board and you will see that the vast majority of revisions are people converting from the band. I have had many complications, and now a slip, along with minimal weight loss from the band, so I would never recommend it to anyone. I am 100% sold on the sleeve as my ideal procedure, but each person needs to evaluate their own case and make the decision that's right for him or her.
monkers
on 6/28/11 12:17 pm
thanks 61 pounds is amazing :))))) you look fantastic !!! i have been reading lots about the differnt surgerys :) . I have also been reading lots of info on mexico, but want to make sure that i am in "good hands"  Yes to  be honest i could not go forever without breads/ pasta...i would rather have a lil then non...LOL..coming from a food addict...thanks ladies
aksonflower
on 6/28/11 2:18 pm - Anchorage, AK
Monkers,  
   I have heard onlyyy very great awesome amazing comments about Obesity Control Center in Tijuana/Baja,Mexico/California!   Dr. Ortiz is absolutely charming and amazing skills.  See first hand at You tube! Best of luck! Akson
TammyBell
on 6/28/11 2:41 pm - Huffman, TX
I weight 216 pounds and am scheduled for surgery in Mexico on July 31st.... I am feeling very scared about it... I researched and watched videos and I got a good feeling about the dr and place I choose however most people except our own vsg people react indifferent when I say Mexico....The sleeve is also the choice I made..... I need the permanaet tool......I am tired of the roller coaster ride... Good Luck
Tammy
walmartian
on 6/28/11 2:52 pm
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/ is the Mexico forum for this site, and http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/MEXICO/ is the list of MX surgeons and reviews for them.

My experience was great, when you refer to 'that hospital', I'm not sure what you mean. Medical tourism is big business down there and there are lots of different hospitals in different cities.
I had my surgery with Dr Romos-Kelley and it was wonderful, care easily as good as what you get here.

MS.LISA
on 6/29/11 1:49 am - Salem, OR
YES!! I had surgery in tijuana, my Dr was Dr Rodriguez, very very good Dr, I am very happy with my sleeve, I was treated like a queen when I was there, everyone is very friendly, and if I needed something I just pushed the buttton and they were there within seconds, the only problem I had was the nurses didnt speak very good english, but there was always someone there that did speak english if it was nessary, I heard that they have moved to a bigger hospital and I heard it is very nice and clean. The one I went to  was little but they were cleaining constantly.
I did alot of research before I made my decision and I really do think I made the best choice,
I have had no complications, and I have been losing very well.
I went thru Belite Weight you can look them up on there web site.
Good Luck to you!
Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views