help!

mzchocolatebrwn
on 7/9/11 2:58 am - chattanooga, TN
hey guys! i was sleeved on 6-27-11, and had a gret 1st week, with 11 lbs lost at 1 week follow up appt.  My doctoer was pleased with the look of my incisions, weight loss, and my complexion. I was told to work hard at doubling my fluid intake, as i am only getting in about 30 ozs per day.  Going into week #2, my appetite has been really poor, and i feel nauseated everytime i put something in my mouth. Its really hard to eat, when you dont want anything, and food seems really disgusting to me right now.  i can hardly tolerate being around food, or people eating. My diet this week has pretty much consisted of popcicles, tomato soup, and sips of water. I cant take another protein drink.  i have been trying to choke down Isopure, but its seems to be getting harder by the day. So far i havent lost any weight this week, and get puite dizzy when i try to get busy around the house or go out and about. I need some suggestions on what to do?

Oh yeah, and one of my incisions began to ooze today, so i got to put a call into the doctor monday, to see what needs to be done.
lindym
on 7/9/11 3:19 am - Canada
VSG on 04/12/11 with
The first few weeks are the most difficult, what your feeling is quite normal, i do remeber feeling the same way. Do not push yourself to hard remember you've had surgery and your body needs this presious time to heal. Keep doing what your doing, focus on water and what ever protein you can manage. The fatigue feeling will pass once you are able to get back to eating and I promise that will come, i didn't feel like myself until about week 5. in the meantime get rest and take it one day at a time, it will get better, good luck to you.

roundater
on 7/9/11 5:32 am - Lincoln, NE
Sounds odd going from feeling great to this reversal. Sorry you are feeling bad. I'd keep trying to get the fluids in to avoid dehydration and see you doc right away.
Rich Sonderegger

cattywompos
on 7/9/11 7:07 am
Did they send you home with any anti-nausea meds?  That could help settle your new tummy a bit and allow you to eat more.  At this point I wouldn't worry so much about getting your protein in as I would getting fluids in. Some of the nausea and dizziness could be the start of dehydration so sip, sip, sip.  Once you are able to take in a bit more you should start to feel better. Those first few weeks are tough. Hang in there. As for the incision...some clear fluid oozing from the incision is normal, but if it becomes cloudy, smells or you incision looks red and inflamed then you will want to have it checked out.  In the mean time, keep it as dry as you can and let it have some air as much as possible. Good luck and wishes for a speedy recovery!
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Frantom
on 7/9/11 8:00 am
I'm only one week ahead of you (sleeved on May 27) - and that is EXACTLY how I felt the first two weeks after.  The others are right - just try sipping water as much as you can - it really helps.
I was on a lot of jello and yogurt at first - now, 6 weeks out, the thought of either of those makes me want to hurl.
Here's my honest advise - and what I have to keep telling myself: be patient!  It's not a time thing - it's a body thing.  Your body is going to react the way it wants to.
Keep trying different things to get the proteins and vitamins in - I JUST found a combination that works for me (I was crying because I couldn't get all the vitamins in) I eat two gummies, 1 chewable iron and one of the flavorless calcium/Vit D scoops in juice - and it took me weeks to figure it out.
But you really have to relax!  We both have a lot weight we can lose before we have to start worrying, beleive me. 
Oh - and one of my stitches took quite a while to heal - kind of leaky for a few days too.
Good luck - remember, there are otherson the forum ready to be supportive and give suggestions.

Katspraise
on 7/9/11 9:48 am
Hi - I too was sleeved on June 27th!  Congratulations on your weight loss so far - I lost 10 pounds in 10 days.

I agree with what others have written - just sip and sip and sip. I found that drinking chicken broth helps me - it's on the salty side and it seems to settle my stomach a bit better. I also put slices of lemon, orange or lime in my ice water - it helps with the taste. Someone told me to try sliced cucumber in my water to help with the taste as well but I have yet to try that.

I would also suggest lots of sleep. This has really helped me! We had major surgery and our bodies need time to heal.

Regarding your incisions - I would recommend that you continue to monitor the drainage and simply clean daily with soap and water and dry well. Don't use peroxide or alcohol as they kill new & healthy tissue and thus slows healing.  And - if you are concerned - contact your surgeon.

Best wishes and I look forward to touching base with you occasionally to check on progress!
mzchocolatebrwn
on 7/9/11 9:53 am - chattanooga, TN
have you had any trouble with cold liquids? cold liquids stir up (yeah im southern..lol) esophageal spasms.  so i an trying to do more room temp.  im on my way to pick up some pellet ice from sonic.  crunchy, but will be warmer by the time i swallow the liquid. 
mzchocolatebrwn
on 7/9/11 9:49 am - chattanooga, TN
Thanks, for the input.  i have been sipping on cranberry juice and water today, but still not nearly enough. i will just keep trying!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 461 views