Waiting for driver to Mexico-Dr. Aceves here I come!

CCinIndiana
on 7/12/11 3:58 am - IN
Hi,

The time has finally come! Seems like yesterday I was on here asking if you guys were real. Well I will find out soon enough LOL Arrived in San Diego last night. It was only 61 degrees. It was a 100 at home. Nina had arranged for us to stay at the Holiday Inn Old Town. It is only 89.00 a night if you get it through them. My view this morning is a 10 lane freeway and a barbwire fence, but the hotel itself is nice and I didn't even notice the traffic sound. They serve a full complimentary breakfast,it looked really good, but I am nothing by mouth after 7am so no breakfast, plus I have never been much of a breakfast eater. I will post tonight about how the pre-op stuff went. Thank you everyone on here that has given me the courage to do thisl Please keep us in our prayers. Oh btw you can hook up X-boxes and game systems at the hospital. I am sure there is some other partner/spouse that may want to drag theres 1000's of miles across the country so they aren't bored LOL. Again thank you everyone!   Cathi

Msbfree
on 7/12/11 4:05 am - Red Oak, TX
HOW COOL!!!

I cant wait,, I had not consider a tempt difference... I had plan to pack really light, just my backpack... so I will bring some sneakers and a light sweater I guess... Its 102 were I'm at so I was planning shorts, and FFlops,, .... 

Good Luck... and congrats....

CW 220
GW 150

Jenijeni
on 7/12/11 4:06 am
Hope you have a happy and uneventful surgery! Will keep you in my thoughts!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

roundater
on 7/12/11 7:45 am - Lincoln, NE
Gl and hope your surgery experience is as positive as mine let us know how it comes out and let me know if I can help. Hugs and prayers for you.
Rich Sonderegger

Crissy327
on 7/12/11 10:45 am - NC
I just got back from there! I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves on July 1st!

You are in good hands. Don't sweat it at all. Everything went so smooth. I woke up pain and nausea free. I usuallyhave had nausea after surgery, so I requested they give me a good dose before they woke me. It worked out great.

It's been a very easy ride for me. All liquids is getting a little old (Ha Ha) but I feel just great and have pretty much since. I was a little gassy in my tummy for a while and walking didn't really help me much until they took out the drain.

Good luck my dear! You are in great hands so relax.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views