The combination of milk chocolate & peanut butter...

ready2Bhealthy2
on 7/24/11 8:53 am, edited 7/23/11 9:01 pm

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups....The greatest combination ever created are the DEVIL!!! I work very long hours and today is no different from any other. I am at the hospital, not very busy and getting very tired ...hmmmmm. I can't go to sleep so I usually reach for food. I am craving peanut butter cups so badly right now. But I don't want to do it. I am coming up with excuses...it's ok you worked out super hard all week long and didn't deviate from your meal plan not once! It's ok you are going to the gym in the morning...it's ok you deserve it... IT"S NOT OK. OMG what the heck is wrong with me?? Seriously do I have no control? This is the internal struggle I have everytime I see PB cups...I saw them in a flyer hours ago and haven't stopped thinking about them...I actually wish I still smoked, cause a cigarette would fix this (I quit last summer).

I ate lunch at 2pm (aprox 1 chicken breast with bbq sauce) and had jello for a snack at 5:30pm, yet I feel like I'm starving...I really don't want to eat again today at all, but I am working until 8:30pm. What to do....those pb cups sound amazing right now...

I have to be down 5% of my body weight by the 24th and at my last appt I was only down a mere 5lbs...10 more to go!!

HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/24/11 9:02 am
Keep your eye on the prize!!  Don't do it!  You've probably had many Reece's cups in the past so you already know what they taste.  It's not worth the guilt and the self sabotage right now.

Drink water, find a friend to chat with at work, do ANYTHING to pass the time.  Just get through today.  One thing at a time.

Resist!  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

PsychoWriter
on 7/24/11 9:02 am - St Petersburg, FL
HELPFUL TIP. IF YOU REALLY FEEL YOU WANT A PEANUT BUTTER CUP THAN ON YOUR BREAK OR WAY HOME, STOP BY A DRUG STORE AND PICK UP AN ATKINS ONE.  THEY HAVE AN "ENDULGE" PRODUCT THAT GIVES YOU 2 LITTLE PB CUPS AND THEY TASTE ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME.  EVEN BETTER:THEY ARE LOW CAR, HAVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF PROTEIN IN THEM FOR A SNACK AND OK CALORIE VALUE.  HOPE THIS HELPED.  IT'S MY WAY OF ENDULGING WITHOUT TECHNICALLY CHEATING.
infodiva808
on 7/24/11 9:19 am
 Have you tried Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut butter bars? They have 20 g of protein and 200 calories. After you are healed from surgery (about 6 months) you can eat them. I assume you are pre-surgery so check them out and see if they fit into your plan as a meal or shake replacement.

ready2Bhealthy2
on 7/24/11 9:23 am
Thank you for your support.  I will try your suggestions.  Yes I am still pre op...not for long though.  And no I didn't eat them, instead I'm eating a portion of a greek salad with grilled chicken...usually delicious, but someone put way too much oregano on it...yuck.  But, I'm gonna eat it and like it.  lol
Jan G.
on 7/24/11 9:27 am - WI
Yum sounds good, but what a temptation.
Also sounds like you have NOT eaten ENOUGH food to sustain your energy level. Quick carbs are the enemy.

Try water, a protein shake, munch on raw veggies too and see if THAT fills you up. I would have 4 oz of protein drink and that would stop all cravings.

Now I also had an agreement with my therapist and dietician that 1x a month I could choose ONE thing (this is pre op) that was sweet and eat it MODERATELY. Becuase one I start..it triggers binges. That way I had something to look forward to. BUT I had to eat my fruits and veggies/protein first. Sometimes I didn't want the sweet thing after experiencing delaying my impulse.

Good luck hon~ Jan
Jennchap
on 7/24/11 10:09 am - CA
I totally understand! I could live on PB and Chocolate and PB and cheddar cheese. I am not huge on the whole subbing out foods thing. LIke the super complicated lighter recipes but I have worked hard to find new foods that I love and are better for me without making my self crazy. One thing I loves pre-op and have had on a few occasions as a meal… not a snack is a chocolate sugar free pudding cup with a heaping spoonful of pb mixed in. Some times Ill even add some sugar free cool whip or peanuts. Ive also mixed the pb with the coolwhip and added it on top. It is important to find new thing you love so you start to eventually crave those items instead, ya know. I don't want to feel like Im living on a diet, there have been moments when I give in a have a mini candy but for the most part Ive learned that there are actually some new things I really enjoy, berries or watermelon with cool whip that although have sugar are not as bad. I have been careful not to add them as an extra meal or snack though and will make sure if I do something ilke that, that I get my protein needs met that day and use my "treat" as a meal so its not added calories. Make any sense? Sorry to ramble just thought Id let you know what works for me 
I also have added like one ritz cracker with pb and cinnamon to a meal post op just to get my fix and it so does the job. Check out my blog… you will see the PB loving runs through my veins… and my kids ahahah
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

ready2Bhealthy2
on 7/25/11 8:12 am
Jenn,

I have read everything on your page and read almost all your posts.  You are a woman after my own heart.  I "stalk" you because we (when you were a big girl) are built the same.  Your weight loss is truly an inspiration and the driving force inside you reminds me of myself. 
dec721
on 7/24/11 10:11 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Keep protein shakes with you at all times!  As someone above said, you had not eaten enough!  No matter what phase of the pre-op stage you are in, your best defense is to NEVER let yourself get hungry!  Suck down some lean protein or a protein shake or some green veggies or some tea or Crystal Light or something to keep yourself from getting hungry.  If you let yourself get hungry, the cravings will get the best of you.  Best wishes!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

sleevegirl
on 7/24/11 11:46 am - Austin, TX
I haven't tried it, but what about a chocolate protein shake with some PB2 in it?

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views