Surgery in 2 days

armywife101
on 8/1/11 4:36 am - SC
 So I am a hot nervous mess!   I can't remember the last time I was so nervous and anxious all at the same time!   I have done my research and I am prepared (as much as I can be)   I keep trying to find someone with a story of weight like mine so I have something to compare to.  Im 5'5 230lbs   No clue what to expect for weight loss but I am going to follow the rules and change my life!

Weighting2Bskinny
on 8/1/11 4:51 am
awesome for you!! Good luck!

GOD BLESS YOU            
percheron
on 8/1/11 5:27 am
All good thoughts sent your way.  Best of luck on your journey and new way of life! 
1london
on 8/1/11 5:28 am
Don't be nervous, you will do fine.  I had surgery last wed. and it is not bad at all.  Getting up to walk with my c-section was 80% more painful than the vsg, the pain is very tolerable.  Day 2 was the worst and take the pain medication and like I said it is tolerable. 
Walk every hour, it truly helps and each day gets better.
Best wishes to you!
Lisa D.
on 8/1/11 5:31 am - New Orleans, LA
I am 51, much older than you.  I am 5'5" and started at 236.  Today I am 150 with 14 lbs to go. 6 months and a week out.  This has been the best thing I have ever done and I have tried all of the weight loss games.  Welcome to a healthy and deliriously happy life!  FOLLOW the rules.  I can't tell you anything of greater value than that.  Drink your fluids, move your body, and follow your docs plan.  Do that and there is no way(weigh) that you won't be a huge success. 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

armywife101
on 8/1/11 5:36 am - SC
 Lisa CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  That is amazing and it gives me lots and lots of faith that I too will reach my goals!
armywife101
on 8/1/11 5:32 am - SC
 Thank you So much!   1London I was told it was just like the c-section but to hear it is easier than it eases some of the nerves!  I tolerated all 3 of my c-sections so I am hoping this will be so much easier!
Nicole S.
on 8/1/11 5:38 am - Vallejo, CA
Congrats and sending blessing of happy healing your way!!! I am anxiously counting down the days until 8/18 when I have my surgery!! WOOOHOO Go us!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

armywife101
on 8/1/11 5:39 am - SC
 Lots and lots of happy thoughts your way!!! ;)
Still Fawn
on 8/1/11 6:05 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
You are gonna be fine!! I am 5'5 and started (not my highest) surgery at 235.. The sleeve has been nothing but easy, and has changed my life!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 411 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views