2 years out as of today!

Jean in the I E
on 8/5/11 2:46 am - Fontana, CA
I know it sounds cliche but time does fly by when you're having fun...today is my 2 year surgery anniversary!

I don't post much these days but I am here reading the VSG & VSGM boards on a DAILY basis. There are many days when I draw strength from reading others' journeys.

A brief history of my WLS process...I began the Options classes at Kaiser January 2009 and those went until June 2009. Had a consult with my surgeon in July and 3 weeks later, I had my VSG.

My recovery went smoothly after the 3rd week because I had a hard time staying hydrated. Once I figured out that my little tummy liked warm liquids I solved that problem. I must mention that I didn't lose my hunger until about 5 or 6 weeks post op and thankfully it's still very tame.

So, the first year I went from 272 to 186 - 86 lbs lost - and I had to fight for every ounce! This past year I got away from the "rules" around the holidays and gained to 196 but once I got my head right again I have lost that gain and I'm now back down plus a little more at 183. The total weight loss I've had from my highest is 132 lbs. You could say that I basically maintained for this past year and I can honestly say that is a victory in itself because I have never done that before!!!

There are plans for me this coming year, such as starting plastics. The first priority I have is to have a breast reduction/lift. I was not one of the "lucky" ladies to get smaller in the girls - I actually went up a cup size! My hope is that once I get that taken care of I can up my exercise intensity. I do have a big panni but I'm going to wait to have that done until I can lose about 20 - 30 more lbs.

I don't have my annual follow up until the 17th so I will write an updated post. If anyone has a question they would like for me to ask my surgeon just let me know. You can view my profile for pics and I generally look the same as the pics around Christmas.

For all the pre ops and newbie post ops, this was the best thing I have ever done for
MYSELF. If anyone has questions for me I would be glad to answer them. Thanks to all of you for just being yourselves and remember, each of us has our own unique journey through this process.

Hugs and love to all, Jean

Jean  I'm 45, 5' 4-1/2" -- 315/272/230 -- 43 lbs lost pre-op
"Progress, not perfection..." ~Dr. Roger Gould
Breast reduction & lift - 11/11/11 (sooo wonderful!!!)

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 2:54 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Gurlaie! You are my girl and you have done such a fine job!  I am so proud on you!  I am proud on you for your initial blast and then your get your head back in the game extra innings!! 

*squeeze*

I am so proud on you! 
Jean in the I E
on 8/5/11 3:54 am - Fontana, CA
Thank you Sweet Thang :)

You have been such a huge help to me more than you can ever imagine and I'm so glad you are here to impart your wisdom!!! Squeezes right back at ya!!!

Ms Shell
on 8/5/11 4:20 am - Hawthorne, CA
You are awesome!!  Thank is all =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Jean in the I E
on 8/5/11 5:10 am - Fontana, CA
Thank you and you're my hero Ms Shell!!!

I have to make it out to the Long Beach Coffee Saturday one of these months to meet all you fine folks :)

Ms Shell
on 8/5/11 7:06 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yes you WILL h ave to do that!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Abbyrose03
on 7/31/18 5:25 pm

Hello! I am researching VSG and I came across your post through a google search. May I ask? How are you doing nowadays? Thank you in advance! I am a WLS patient to-be !

Most Active