NSV's at just a little over a year out - photos added

UnRuli
on 8/5/11 1:58 pm, edited 8/6/11 7:09 am - Plainwell, MI
I hit my one year surgiversary on the 27th but didn't have time to post.  I didn't quite lose the 100 lbs I was hoping to (only 1.6 left to go to meet that goal), but I'm at a weight that will probably be a good long-term weight for me.  I now weigh what I did in 8th grade!!  My doctor would like to see another 15 lbs off after seeing my weight, but before he saw my weight he thought I was done.  He said that he thought I looked like a BMI of 23 or maybe 24 (I'm over 25).

I haven't lost much weight at all in months but occasionally I get another bump to a lower weight so I don't think I'm done losing yet.  I'm trying to eat healthy and although I make sure I get in my protein, vitamins & water for the day I'm also trying to eat as a normal person as much as possible.  Unfortunately, finding time for exercise has been a problem since I'm working 30+ hours at a vet clinic, have started my MFA program, I'm trying to get paintings done for not one but TWO upcoming shows and I have classes that I'll be teaching in the fall that I need to prepare for (I got the notice that I'd be teaching them only 2 weeks ago and I only now have the class info so I can start writing a syllabus for each).

I still can't take large gulps of water and I still have a LOT of restriction (three bites of chicken, 1/3 a piece of corn on the cob, a sliver of cucumber and 1/2 a slice of tomato and I was STUFFED tonight).  Some days are always easier than others, but for the most part my restriction isn't much different than after my first month or so.

Now for the NSV's:

NSV #1 - Because I'd just gotten back from farm calls I still had my non-scrub clothes on (scrubs don't hold up well on farm so we are allowed to wear a t'shirt & jeans).  A client's husband saw me and later mentioned to his wife that my haircut made me look SO much better and it was obvious that the scrubs weren't doing me any favors because I have a fabulous body.  She laughed and said it was probably a combination of the haircut, the scrubs, and the nearly 100 lbs I've lost.  She immediately called me to tell me the story.  She thought it was hilarious.

NSV #2 - One of our former employees (retired) is still a client and we went to his place for a farm call.  I haven't seen him in probably 2 years and it was clear he didn't recognize me.  He's getting pretty old and tends to be a bit quiet.  I didn't want to embarrass him so I didn't mention who I was.  We finished working on his horse and I was putting up the equipment in the truck while Doc talked to him.  While I was out of eyesight he asked Doc who I was.  Doc told him and said that he nearly peed his pants!  I walked back by and he gave me a GIANT hug and told me he would have never in a million years recognized me and that I was one "hot ass chick".

NSV #3 - I've had to give away all my size 8 jeans and some of my size 6's!  I also fit in babydoll t'shirts now (something I've NEVER before been able to wear!) including the two I bought in Italy last summer.  When I bought both of them I looked at them thinking I'd NEVER fit in to them because they looked like kid clothing but I can wear them now and they're not even tight!

ETA Before and after photos (sorry guys, I STILL can't get photos to work in my posts):
With Larry Elmore (for you fantasy geeks) at 252 lbs:
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL809/3227252/8410088/395852059.jpg

In Italy at 252 lbs or so again (and to think I thought I looked skinny in that outfit!).  I'm on the left:
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL809/3227252/8410088/391347505.jpg

at 155 lbs in my studio (wearing a house dress I'd been holding on to for YEARS because I'd always wanted to someday fit in to it!:
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL809/3227252/8410088/397382646.jpg

A few weeks ago at 153 lbs with Ted & Betsy Lewin (AWESOME children's book illustrators and my instructors in my MFA program):
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL809/3227252/8410088/397996794.jpg
Janet B.
on 8/5/11 2:03 pm - CA
Woo hoo. So awesome.
UnRuli
on 8/6/11 6:43 am - Plainwell, MI
 Thank you Djburt.......it feels wonderful!
kimbethin
on 8/5/11 3:41 pm - CA
That's so great!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
UnRuli
on 8/6/11 6:46 am - Plainwell, MI
 I see you just recently  had your surgery Kim.......believe me, the year will FLY by!  It's tough at first, but it gets SO much better!  Good luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 5:01 pm - CA
 Loved reading NSV's!!! Thanks for sharing them :)

UnRuli
on 8/6/11 6:47 am - Plainwell, MI
 Thank you Michele!  I hope you're able to have your surgery soon.....life after the sleeve really is amazing.

BuckeyeGirl
on 8/5/11 10:37 pm - TN
Happy surgiversary!!

Great NSVs! Congrats!
Lindsey

UnRuli
on 8/6/11 6:48 am - Plainwell, MI
 Thanks Lindsey!  Wow, you aren't even to a year yet and look at your amazing results!  Bravo!
Dawnie 88
on 8/5/11 10:50 pm
AWESOME!!!  Love the 'hot ass chick' comment..LOL  Great NSV's..thanks for sharing..and you do look awesome!!

Most Active