Throwing up post-op

chunkymonkey1991
on 8/6/11 11:37 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm 3 days post-op and was discharged yesterday. I've thrown-up twice - once was when they gave me tylenol in pill form (broken in half) and the other time was just now with my chewable multivitamin. Did anyone else throw up within their first week or two? I asked the doc if it was ok and he said a little was ok. I'm just nervous that I'm gunna tear out my stomach staples or something. Anyone wanna put my fears to rest? :(
tanieanie
on 8/6/11 11:52 pm, edited 8/6/11 11:52 pm - WI
I had the same issue 3 days out.  My Dr. prescribed a little pill that you put under your toulgue and it disolves.  It took the nausau away in less than 10 mins.  It was a life saver!

p.s. Congrats on your surgery!

iLoveMe
on 8/7/11 12:36 am - MO
tanieanie, do u know the name of the pill? I have my surgery tomorrow and i would like to have this info just in case!
BriarRose
on 8/7/11 12:39 am
The anti nausea medication is Zofran. It is sublingual, you put it under your tounge and it dissolves.

To OP. Go and get some tylenol liquid -- adult formula. And stop taking the vits for awhile. Or get some liquid adult vitamins. Concentrate on getting your fluids in, and on resting and a bit of walking. No need to make yourself sick. I didn't start any vits until a few weeks out.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Gracieteddy
on 8/7/11 12:54 am - IA
Tylenol liquid made me trow up!
Gracieteddy
on 8/7/11 12:46 am - IA
YES! I threw up for three weeks when I put anything down!
shann2105
on 8/7/11 2:12 am - CA
Tylenol liquid made me throw up on my first day home. I couldn't stopfor an hour. I was scared that I tore something so I wenT to the er. They switched my pain killer and gave me zolfran for nausea. it was a lifesaver.
 I was sleeved on 715. Im 30 days post op. This weekend I feel like crap. I have no energy. Im weak, shaky, and nauseaus. Everything makes me want to throw up. I threw up three times yesterday. Today I kept down some mashed potatoes, and clear liquids. No way am I getting my 80grams of protein in. Do you guys think it is the flu?? I do work with kids and just went back a week ago.

shann2105
on 8/7/11 2:17 am - CA
I forgot to update by weight loss before my last post do here it is;
 I was sleeved on 715. Im 30 days post op. This weekend I feel like crap. I have no energy. Im weak, shaky, and nauseaus. Everything makes me want to throw up. I threw up three times yesterday. Today I kept down some mashed potatoes, and clear liquids. No way am I getting my 80grams of protein in. Do you guys think it is the flu?? I do work with kids and just went back a week ago.

Cristina S.
on 8/7/11 2:33 am - New Britain, CT
Chunky thank you for this post...I was about to post something similar. I haven't thrown up but I ate some jello, and then my multiv. and got so sick. I dont know if my stomach couldn't handle the thickness of the jello and then chewing on the vitamin. Yuck... I'm so scared to throw up.

speersle
on 8/7/11 6:01 am - OR
I am so glad you posted this.  I took my first chewable today and thought I was going to throw-up.  That is the first time I felt that way since surgery and was scared to death to do damage from throwing up.  Glad to hear some wait to start their vits.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views