Band to Sleeve revision complete!!

CindyLyn
on 8/19/11 2:21 pm - Evadale, TX

Hey everyone.... I am home and feeling really good!! Went into surery at 9:15 and was out at around 11 am. I had a hernia repair while I was there. Tuesday after surgery I wasn't in pain as much as much as I just felt like crap. I think someone was in my room ever fifteen minutes that first night. Wednesday I had to hit my pain pump a good bit. By that evening it was all good. Thursday morning I was doing really good. I walked a lot and was less sleepy and could form sentences. I did not have to use the pain pump at all and was really feeling good about that. It felt good to be AWAKE.... Then I got up to use the restroom..... my sweet, loving husband was so good to me. He said "hold on babe let me help you with the IV pole".. then I heard him say "OOPPS".... I was like..... What... What are you OOPPS ing about?? He looked at me all sheepish and said " I accidentally hit your pain button".... so far about 4 or 5 hours before I was released I could hardly keep my eyes open. I was released Thursday evening and then we had to drive the 2 hours home. I don't remember any of that because I slept like a baby.
The only pain I have now is some of my incisions have a burning feeling sometimes and my back, neck and shoulders are killing me from laying in that Hospital bed and then I slept in my recliner last night. Other than that I am Fantastic!!

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

tripmom02
on 8/19/11 2:24 pm - NJ
 Congrats on your revision! Sounds like things are going very well for you!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Meme10
on 8/19/11 2:28 pm - TX
Congrats! I hope to get my revision next month.
percheron
on 8/19/11 2:42 pm
That is GREAT.  Thank you for sharing the way you have been feeling.  Helps so many of us to see these good experiences. 
1london
on 8/19/11 10:55 pm
Congratulations and welcome home!!!  So glad things are going well for you.
Take care of yourself and best wishes on a continued speedy recovery!
Jan G.
on 8/20/11 3:52 am - WI
Glad your recovery is moving along as you deserve.
But dang, what a sweet hubby.. a keeper!!

Let us know how you're doing in your next phase of recovery.

Warmly, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

CindyLyn
on 8/20/11 10:52 am - Evadale, TX

Thank you Jan.  I am beyond blessed to have a husband how takes care of me like this man does.  He has been a life saver during this time.  I really felt sorry for the poor soul when he hit that pain pump.  He thought he had killed me or something.    I am having a lot of incision pain today.  My back and neck are still very stiff and sore from being in the hospital bed.  Other than that I feel better each day.

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

media604
on 8/20/11 4:53 am - GA
Hi CindyLyn,
I'm so happy for you! Remember I am a band to sleeve revision also. I'm so glad I did it and thank God everyday that band is gone . I no longer feel obstructed when trying to eat healthy protein or veggies. Thank the Lord!

Good hubbies are a blessing. Treat him right! Mine slept in an uncomfortable chair for 3 nights and was right there for me the whole time. We were out of town, 2 hrs from home, and left my youngest, age 13 at home with my college aged son.

As I went in and out of sleep in bed I remember thinking so often, thank God for my husband.....you know not everyone can say that. The same applies for a wonderful mother, father, child, or friend. We need to count our blessings don't we. Imagine those of have no one.

Oh well, please email and keep in touch and remember take it easy and just sip and walk, sip and walk. It really works. Also I luved the sf popsicles.

Leigh
1st lapband 2004, 2nd lapband 2008: HW 275, SW 268, LW 175
VSG 6-17-11 - lapband finally gone!, SW 225, Ht. 5'5"

1st Goal - 18 lbs. 20% loss of excess weight - achieved July 9th!
2nd Goal - 36 lbs. 40% loss of excess weight -
3rd Goal - 54 lbs. 60% loss of excess weight -
4th Goal - 72 lbs. 80% loss of excess weight -
Final Goal - 90 lbs. 100% loss of excess weight -
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views