Water Pills - diuertics**

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/26/11 12:03 pm
Okay so I'm not looking for any judgement here.

I have to make weight on Tuesday morning or my paperwork doesn't get submitted to insurance.  I am in the health field and I know the risks of what I am about to do.  I am starting to retain fluid due to my cycle being less than a week away, and believe me I get bloated!  If you have ideas on how to cut the weight fast please chime in.  My current plan is liquid diet for three days and  diruetics.  I have been following the strict diet plan that I was given and I have been dropping the weight.  I am going to turn into a clucking rabbit from eating so much salad and chicken.  So, this is not me looking for a short cut.  If it wasn't for mother nature I would be down where I am supposed to, since I was there two days ago and now am on the rise.  Grrrrr.  Please help!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 12:11 pm
Go completely no carb for the next few days till your weigh in.. and as one who bloats I have a script for Lasix, but I rarely take it anymore as low carbing keeps me from retaining water unless I have a high sodium day.. if you need it because you are retaining water.. take it. 
ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/26/11 12:15 pm
As much as I love carbs, I haven't really been touching them.  My carbs have been under 60 every day and those carbs come naturally in the foods I eat.  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 12:21 pm
If you want the full effect so you make the scale say what you need it to- drop them to near zero.. no more than 20 max just till you weigh in, then you can follow whatever plan you need. 60 doesn't always get you into ketosis.. and when you get into ketosis, you will lose a lot of water weight fast.. to the point that you may not need those diuretics.

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/26/11 12:29 pm
Okay, would you mind giving me a sample daily plan?  Currenlty I am eating:

Bkfst: Chobani
Lunch & Dinner: salad with (romain, spinach, carrots, cucmbers, cheese, cranberries, and dressing) rotisserie chicken or fish
Snack: edys no sugar added popsicle (only on my later days when 3 meals doesn't cut it for 16 hours)

Thanks!
Krazydoglady
on 8/26/11 12:42 pm - FL
Try this: 

Brkfst:  2 eggwhite omlette with 1oz of low-fat cheese (swiss has lots of calcium & protein). I use ms. dash instead of salt.

Lunch:  3oz chicken breast with 1/2 cup broccoli

Dinner:  3oz albacore tuna, 1 TBS light mayo, 1 TBS pickle relish,  1/2c romaine lettuce, a little full fat dressing to taste (i eat bleu cheese, personally, but very small amounts)

Snack: 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese.

This was my surgeon's stage 1 pre-op diet. Stage 2 was liquids.  I lost more on the Stage 1.   The uber low-carb will cut your hunger.  It will kind of suck, though, pre-sleeve.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 12:49 pm
Not sure what the carbs are in Chobani or the no sugar added Edys (assuming they both have sugar from fruit?).. but here's what I ate today and I'm sitting at 17 g carbs:

Bfast- protein coffee (2 scoops unflavored protein, 1/2 C whole milk, dose benefiber : 10g carbs)
L- String cheese 1 g carb, and a little later an unflavored greek yogurt with SF flavoring 6g carbs)
D- 2oz flank steak.. 0 carb
Snack- 1 babybel cheese 0 carb

This is my usual post- sleeve diet.. many times lunch is just meat, I felt like yogurt today.

If you only need to do this till weigh in.. and since you're pre-op and you'd be reeeealy hungry on that little bit of food.. I'd eat an exclusive meat and LC salad or veg diet for the next few days.. Make sure the dressing is no carb, no fruit added to the salad.. no carbs in those popsicles.. etc. Use unflavored plain GY like Fage yogurt and add SF flavorings like Torani.. 

2 eggs for bfast 2g carbs
L- big grilled chicken, salad, skip cranberries.. 5g maybe from a big salad 
D- hunk of meat.. more LC veggies.. maybe about 5g?
Snack Fage yogurt with SF syrup flavoring 6g

Jus****ch sodium in things like rotisserie chicken, they tend to be loaded with brine.

lanunes
on 8/26/11 2:51 pm - CA
 My surgeon told me it takes almost or over a week or more to go into ketosis....just an FYI. I stuck to my doctors orders and was under 20 carbs pretty much since surgery and it took me almost 2 weeks to begin a mild  ketosis. But I am sure just cutting them should get u some weight loss in a few days. Or better yet do protein shakes until Tuesday, you will drop for sure 9as long as their high protein and low carb). Good luck to u =)
      Leslie Nunes              
Krazydoglady
on 8/26/11 12:35 pm - FL
Watch your sodium and go below 20 carbs a day until you have to weigh in.  As you know, be careful with the diuretics. If you get things like potassium out of whack very bad things can happen like your heart stopping (think Terri Schiavo).  I would make sure whatever you take, if you take it, is potassium sparing.  I take HCTz to keep swelling down in my legs, but it's a struggle to stay properly hydrated.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

becca2297
on 8/26/11 12:47 pm
boneless skinless chicken breast
deli lunch meat rolled up in reduced fat cheese (you can get reduced sodium in the deli)
egg beaters and turkey sausage
light string cheese
steamed or grilled shrimp
grilled salmon
tuna fish
cottage cheese
steamed broccoli
grilled sirloin
ricotta cheese
very little salad (with cottage cheese in it and very little dressing)

This pretty much sums up what I eat on a daily basis for the past 6 weeks and it's working for me.  I stay between 20-30 carbs...sometimes lower than 20....but then I start feeling weak.

Good Luck

Consult weight =312    SW=299    CW=233   GW=160
I am 5'7"   Lost 13  of these lbs on the 2 week liquid diet.