My stomach growl louder than Harley. 5 days out

smbergie200
on 8/26/11 4:55 pm - Naples, FL
Trying to at least get my water in and having difficulty. Yeah yeah walk walk sip sip I know. Don't work that way for me. Everytime I drink water my stomach makes the loudest growl and grumble and churning sound. Like when I used to have a hungry stomach sound. Now I havent eaten in 5 days and am hungry. Why is my stomach so pissed when I drink a liquid. It is so annoying and a bit uncomfortable.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Songcatcher
on 8/26/11 7:21 pm
I read some posts on here that suggest drinking your water room temp or warm to see if that helps.

Dawnie 88
on 8/26/11 7:22 pm
completely normal..my stomach always rumbled and was very loud for quite a long time.  My stomach will still do that after eating or drinking occasionally still at 16 mths postop, but not as bad as the first 6 mths.  I can tell you i was honestly hungry also, until about 6 wks postop..  once i began eating more dense protein, then i just didn't have that hunger.  It takes awhile for the hunger hormone to completely leave your system..and some people don't lose it (I did).

Good luck to you...it WILL get better..trust me..

I was so frustrated those first few wks..regretted the surgery big time..but soon you'll be feeling better, drinking will get easier..and I hope you'll be happy w/your decision.

BriarRose
on 8/26/11 11:54 pm
Oh yeah. Loud tummy rumbleings, feeling ike you can feel the liquid go all the way down....and I burped constantly !!! But it didn't last too long; maybe a few weeks, and lessened as time went on.

It's major surgery ! You had most of a major organ removed ! Give yourself time.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
mimikay
on 8/27/11 12:19 am
What Dawnie said! My stomach was loud for about 6 months. Sometimes I can still hear it. I think it has to do with the intestines getting over anesthesia and less volume. Try room temp, cold, whatever it take to get your water in. Early out, you can manage with less protein, but you have to have that fluid! Hunger left after I started eating soft food.
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
boomercd
on 8/27/11 12:30 am - OH
Hey I feel ya, Mine was the 22 of Aug, and my stomach is soooo loud you cant talk over it,got to keep trying with the water I burp after every sip its easier in the morning harder at night after the gas builds up. hope it gets easier for you....... Congrats on your surgery!

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Jerilynk75
on 8/27/11 10:08 pm - TX
I know what you mean. I am now four days post-op and experienced the same thing yesterday!

My mother and sister drove to Dallas to "take care of me" and to give my boyfriend a break. We were sitting in the living room discussing my little nieces and nephews when my stomach let loose with a HUGE growl. Seriously, it was almost a roar....sounded like someone was doing sound mixing for "Jurassic Park" in there.

It caught me completely by surprise. And it was heard by everyone in the room.

We have now dubbed my new, smaller stomach "Franken-tummy".

The growling wasn't painful.....but all the laughter that followed? Yeah, THAT hurt!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 310 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 357 views