Question about mushie stage

smbergie200
on 8/29/11 5:28 pm - Naples, FL
Ok so my instructions say eat 2 ounces of mushies 3 times per day and protein shakes in between. So I bought some sf pudding. Am I allowed one of those in addition to the 3 meals or is that a no no. I don't want to waste a meal with a pudding. Thanks

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

lanunes
on 8/29/11 6:19 pm - CA
 They way my program works is..... 3 meals that are protein and then I would have to supplement the rest with protein shakes to get my 70 grams/day. If you eat pudding on top of the 3 meals that would be 4 meals. Ask your doctor what your meals should consist of. My nutrionist was very specific.....Tofu, eggs, yogurt and/or cottage cheese, nothing else. Good luck =)
      Leslie Nunes              
doggz109
on 8/29/11 7:04 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I would think you would be wasting space with the pudding unless you could mix protein powder into it....then it might count.

But by itself.....it has basically very little to offer you for the sleeve space its gonna take up.
IrishColleen
on 8/29/11 9:58 pm - Owosso, MI
 Pudding is wasted calories unless you add protein powder or non-fat dry milk.  Personally, I used the dry milk in a lot of things to up the protein levels.  

Right now you need to focus on protein.  Look at the box of pudding.  How much protein does it offer you?  

Non-fat dry milk isn't cheap but it goes a long way.  And besides, you're worth it.  Think of all that you're saving on the foods you will no longer be buying!

My mushies consisted primarily of cottage cheese with lots of different additions to it and refried beans.  Both are very high in protein.  Cream soups were good too after I added the non-fat dry milk.

Check with your NUT but I know mine said "meals are proteins only until further notice"  

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Crunchy As Can Be
on 8/30/11 12:26 am - NY
I know that in the beginning, I couldn't always tolerate the protein shakes and higher protein soft/pureed foods. Occasionally I ate pudding that I'd made out of a box of sugar-free mix and Skim Plus milk. It has more carbs than some other options (but all dairy does if it is milk-based) but it had more protein than just a regular sugar free pudding cup.

If you're already getting all or most of your protein required from shakes and the little mushy meals are just to basically get your body acclimated to eating soft solids again, then it's probably ok to have it sometimes. But there are better options-- like fat free greek yogurt or small curd cottage cheese, or even ricotta cheese. They all have more protein than pudding usually does, unless you've added protein powder to your pudding which I always thought was really gross.

Good luck!
 ~~Emily~~

CoolBeans
on 8/30/11 2:08 am - MD
 I have been making SF pudding mixes with protien powder and and it is my favorite way to get that protien powder in. 
 Cari    
smbergie200
on 8/30/11 5:08 am - Naples, FL

I found a solution and just tried it with success. I mixed my protein powder, milk, and a sf pudding. It was was yummy.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views