WLS support group pot luck (sounds like an oxymoron, huh?!)

anewdayforme
on 10/15/11 3:08 pm
Hi everyone!  My WLS support group is having a pot luck.  (Sounds sadistic, doesn't it...)  I want to take a dish that will knock their socks off!  Does anyone have a dazzling low-cal, low-carb, sleeve-loving recipe to share?  I like all food (which is how I got here!) except Indian (my apologies to the curry lovers of America), so let the recipes fly!  I appreciate your help!!!
USAF Wife
on 10/15/11 10:06 pm
For any get togethers, I try to take something that is protein-packed yet tasty and appealing.

Pepperoni dip is a favorite of mine and the good ole' standby of devlied eggs made with greek yogurt and dijon mustard make an easy take-along.

I don't focus on calories much, but keep the carbs low and protein high.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pepperoni-dip-i/detail.aspx

I sub greek yogurt for the sour cream, and use turkey pepperoni for friends who avoid pork. It cuts the fat and calories nicely without losing the taste. I also have a small crock pot, and instead of layering the dip in a pie pan, I just mix it all up and toss it in the crock pot. It's great with veggie slices, or baked cheese crisps if you want to avoid crackers. 
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Crunchy As Can Be
on 10/15/11 10:53 pm - NY
Maybe miniature meatballs with tooth picks?

Cubes of assorted cheeses is an easy one to prepare...

Nowadays I bring little miniature muffin pan soufles that I make with spinach, onion, garlic, feta... MMMMM. There is a similar recipe to the ones that I make from scratch on the eggface website (she calls them Bites): http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/03/spinach-and-feta-bites.html
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views