Pain please help!

A_NewFuture
on 10/23/11 2:35 am - Saginaw, MI
 HI I was just wondering if anyone could please please help me out! I am having so much trouble getting liquids down because of the discomfort in my throat/chest it feels as if someone beat the mess out of me and it doesn't matter if it is warm or cold liquids although I did find out cold hurt an extreme amount more. it's just so sore to swallow. How long does this last? When will I feel comfortable again. Please help I am going crazy trying to get liquids in me so that I don't dehydrate and finding it a very hard challenge. Thanks to all that answer my note

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

watchmenow
on 10/23/11 2:40 am
It is still early and discomfort is normal.  Although I cannot drink fast, I don't have any discomfort when drinking.  Discomfort and pain are different.  If it is very painful, you need to call your doc and get advice about it.  Make sure you are sipping and not gulping.  This is a challenge because I was used to gulping down water.  Small sips is the was this early.  Be blessed!!
  I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

A_NewFuture
on 10/23/11 2:45 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you and yea gulping too is my thing and I also believe that is a really big problem of mine is gulping but it is more of a discomfort like a really bad soreness while it is going down but once it has completley all gone down the pain subsides. I know it's more of a discomfort but I keep saying pain because never had anything like that before. But it seems as if I don't gulp my drinks in I get headaches from dehydration but it doesn't help that I have caught a cold which I am unsure if the headache now is from the cold or dehydration.
Thank you for answering me

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

dawn S.
on 10/23/11 2:50 am - NJ
Sugar free ice pops.. they are 3 oz of liquid each and much easier to get down if you feel like other stuff isnt sliding in.  Good luck.. it will be better soon   Dawn
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

watchmenow
on 10/23/11 2:56 am
Yes Dawn!  SF Popsicles are great and Raquel, you can eat them all day.  Get some immediately. You should feel completely normal by 3 weeks although you still can't
eat or drink fast.
  I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

kimbethin
on 10/23/11 4:49 am - CA
Are you taking a PPI like prevacid or any others? If not, check with your doc tomorrow.  I hope you feel better soon.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
dec721
on 10/23/11 5:01 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Tiny tiny sips ... all day long.  I'm talking about a half teaspoon at a time, not much more than swallowing spit!  Get a sippy cup if you have to, and keep it in your hand constantly.  Sip sip sip.  You can do it :-)
--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

A_NewFuture
on 10/23/11 5:53 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you all, my family has gone out and bought me my sippy cup and a baby spoon! I on the other hand tried to be a smart alec thinking that I could because of it being liquid drink a milk shake! The first spoon full was HEAVEN the second spoonfull was PURGATORY hahahahaha and the third and last was PURE HELL followed by diahrrea which I think is called dumping hahahahahaha LESSON LEARNED! Now back to my true forms of liquids. I'm the type of person that you can tell and tell and tell and I will say ok but I have to find out myself it's like telling a lil kid don't touch that it's hot and they just have to to find out themselves WOW! I'm not doing that again!  like I said LESSON LEARNED HAHAHAHAHA

Sippy cup does seem to make it much easier to go down thank you all for the very much appreciated advice!

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

marymazilla
on 10/23/11 10:36 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
crushed ice and let itm melt on your tounge one baby spoon at a time. until you feel better. but you might have the virus that is going around with a severe soar throat too!

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views