F'n NUT almost got my size 11 up her...

stacezoe
on 10/26/11 3:21 am
I don't know if anyone remembers but at my 2 week follow up my NUT YELLED at me for drinking Protein shakes and said and I quote "wow your not doing very well, only 15 lbs so far this month...someone YOUR size should really be losing much more"

So I was all discouraged and tried giving up my protein shakes even though withouth them I wasn't coming close to my 70 grams...so I see my surgeion and the nice dietician at my 1 month, who both say how well I'm doing and of course I can have my protein shakes if its helping me...so I start having them again...I have a hard time eating in the morning so I have a Nectar shake with some decaf instant coffee and call it a morning...then I have my 3 meals from about 12:30 on....always keep it below 700 calories and 40 grams of carbs and aim for 70-80grams of protein.

So today I go in to her office the *****y NUT...and she starts the conversation with this pearl "Oh 7.5 this month?!?!?! Is that all??????what are you doing so wrong? Well let me tell you, I didn't take it this month, no sir! She looks at me like a fatty hater, you guys know what I mean, like we are the scum beneath her feet. So I told her she should really look for another profession or go work with anorexics because its obvious she has an issue with big people, however you work for a bariatric surgeon!!! Told her I was leaving and not to bother billing my insurance company or I would call their fraud waste and abuse department and report her.Well didn't she change her tune....

Sorry I know this is long I'm just so mad. I'm already upset that I'm such a slow loser and all I wanted was some advice as to how to have better results, I'm doing everything acording to plan...my surgeons plan doesn't have any specific caloric/carb requirements so I got those from here... and when i told the nut that...we won'te even go into it.

Needless to say I won't be seeing her again...Can you believe she blamed my slow loss on my one protein shake for bfst, which has a total of 140 calories 25 grams protein, 2 grams carbs and no fat!

If you are a fatty hater don't work for a bariatric surgeon, common sense, no?

Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
amanda D.
on 10/26/11 3:28 am - Stayton, OR
wow! that's jacked!!  Good for you for standing up to that biotch!!! 

Being a "slow" loser isn't a bad thing.  I mean come on, it didn't take you 6 months to pack on the pounds, you really think that losing it "fast" is going to be benificial to you? (that's the way i see it, since i too am a slow loser, but damn 50# in a year, that's pretty effin good if i say so myself lol)

Don't let her get you down, obviously the dietitican and surgeon think you're doing awesome, so **** her and her prejudice!

~Amanda

Tina C.
on 10/26/11 3:39 am - Stacy, MN
I cannot even believe that!!!!  Did you complain to the surgeons office?  She really should be fired!!!  So glad you stood up and said something to her!!!  I would be so pissed off!!  I think you are doing great, we all lose at different rates!  Who the hell does she think she is?????  Sorry you had to deal with such a crabass!

George B.
on 10/26/11 3:43 am - Miami, FL
You did the right thing.
Your weight loss has been great and the NUT was out of line.

You'll do better without her.

Good luck,
George

wanttobehalfofme
on 10/26/11 9:43 am - MI
On October 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM Pacific Time, George B. wrote:
You did the right thing.
Your weight loss has been great and the NUT was out of line.

You'll do better without her.

Good luck,
George
You need to report her. If she is doing that to you she is probably doing it to a lot of other people too. They are there to encourage and support people not to belittle people if they aren't losing fast. She should have suggested things to help you .
stacezoe
on 10/26/11 3:45 am
Thanks everyone, feels better to know that she was the one in the wrong not me. I haven't put in a complaint yet, but I'm considering it.
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Maria P.
on 10/26/11 11:15 am
VSG on 01/09/12
 I really think you should. Find out who her direct supervisor is, calmy explain the situation and let the supervisor know you are reporting her. The consequences of her behavior could be far-reaching. She's in the wrong business and has no business working with people. Maybe she could do data entry in a basement where her poor social skills won't affect anyone. What a jacka**! I'm so glad you told her off!
5'3"  Age 38

HW: 216
Month 1: 20.6
cattywompos
on 10/26/11 3:47 am
Wow!  I would have given to her too.  Everyone loses differently.  She should not be yelling about losing 15lbs the first month anyway because anyone that has been in the profession long enough knows most everyone hits a stall that first month. Then 7lbs the second month is good, that is over a pound a week.  And on top of that most offices encourage you to drink a protein shake in the early stages to get in your protein.  Hope you gave her something to think about.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

slimpickins5280
on 10/26/11 5:07 am - CO
I'm SO glad you advocated for yourself. I hope you find a new NUT.

I'm a slow loser too, always have been and I understand your frustration. All I can say is that as long as the overall trend is down, I can live with that.

The scale is teasing me right now, sitting at 205 - 5 lbs from 200. I'm not laughing.

Maybe we can both have a breakout month soon.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 5:10 am
I'm a slow loser too. My surgeon wishes I was losing faster but he is NOT being negative with me.

You tell that lady if you ever see her again she can take her mis-directed anger issues and shove them up her a&& and maybe she'll losen up that stick.

She must be a miserable person in life. Just be glad you don't live with her!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views