eggface recipes

rbccbrmfld
on 10/25/11 7:39 am
Can the "bites" recipes and pancake recipes be used for soft food or do I need to wait till I am further out on my journey.

amanda D.
on 10/25/11 7:57 am - Stayton, OR
well...I did the pancake one about 3 weeks out from surgery.  It didn't make me sick, it didn't really do anything except make me full on HALF of one of those.  I told my NUT what I had done, showed her the recipe.  She said "wow!! you really have advanced your diet, right on!! Keep on listening to your body."  I seriously did puree for like 4 days.  It got to the point that it was just gagging me and couldn't do it anymore.  I introduced 1 thing at a time (meaning one new thing per day) that way if something makes me sick i know what did it. 

If you are still concerned, you can always call your NUT. =0)

Best of luck to ya,
~Amanda

LeahBea
on 10/25/11 8:29 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
She has some stuff you can make during the puréed stage. I would wait on the bites. Didn't do those til I was well into solid foods, but I'm cautious. As far as the pancakes go I'm still not trying those til I'm in maintenance. Too carby for how strict I am during weightloss.

Do what you feel ready for when you feel ready for it (within reason and your plan). My advice is always take it slow, you have the rest of your life to try new foods but only a certain amount of time to let your stomach heal properly.

Good luck!

Leah

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 116 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 345 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 397 views