VSG segment...

cattywompos
on 11/3/11 12:53 am
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

dmhenry
on 11/3/11 12:58 am - Wrightstown, NJ
I saw it on Good Morning America.  There is going to be more tonight on Nightline going to set DVR. 
Donna  

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 1:03 am
It hasn't come on yet out here in the west.  They just did another tickler on it so will set my DVR for it and night line tonight...
BuckeyeGirl
on 11/3/11 2:01 am - TN

I was excited to follow this link and read the article since it was about VSG, but once there I was pretty disappointed.

By things like this:

"Dr. David Treen was Matherne's bariatric surgeon.

'The beauty of the sleeve gastrectomy is that the patients lose weight twice as fast as what we've seen with other surgical procedures," Treen said. "There is no question this is the single best option for patients who the weight has just gotten out of control.'"

Really? Twice as fast as 'other surgical procedures'?? Maybe if by 'other surgical procedures' he meant Lap Band, but otherwise that is not true.

And also by this:

"A pouch is cut from the stomach and stapled shut..."

Ugh. I hope that was the misinformed "journalist" and not information from the surgeon.

Oh well....I guess the good thing about it is that people may become more aware of VSG as an option and if people think they will lose twice as fast as any other surgical procedure, maybe they will be more apt to ask their doctor about it and get some accurate information.

Lindsey

DarleneR
on 11/3/11 2:28 am
 I thought the same thing as you when I read the article.  Twice as fast? Uhm..no.  And a pouch??  No thank you.

HW/SW/GW/CW
296/277/180/185.6
faylavi
on 11/3/11 3:27 am - Laurel, MD
LMAO! I agree...plus I am a slow but steady loser.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Paul11011
on 11/3/11 5:30 am
Thanks for sharing this.  It is a great story, despite a couple of technical inaccuracies.  What is even cooler is how each of us has our own story sililar to the woman in this piece. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

1london
on 11/3/11 6:10 am
Thanks for such an interesting article....I will also be setting my dvr.
Thanks again!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views