lidocaine patch 5%

BETHC500
on 11/8/11 9:33 am
Has anyone every heard of these and how soon after surgery can you use them? I got a prescription after my last appt from the FNP at the doctors office. But I forgot to ask. Ugghhh there are so many things I didnt ask.
Crunchy As Can Be
on 11/8/11 10:26 am - NY
You can use them right away-- they're a topical patch that you apply for several hours and then remove (usually 18hrs on, 6hrs off but follow your MD's directions), and you put them right where it hurts whether it's lower back pain, knee pain, whatever...

I've never used them myself, but I have known a lot of people who use them and often they don't really feel much of a difference, but then again, there have been a couple who say they work wonders... I think it's mind over matter-- if you think they'll work, they will!

Also, warning-- when you apply them they're COLD! The cold feeling goes away after they warm up to your body's temperature which will take a minute or so.

Good luck!
 ~~Emily~~

BETHC500
on 11/8/11 11:57 am
She gave them to me for my surgical incisions.
Dee08
on 11/8/11 10:58 pm
VSG on 09/01/08 with
OUCH!!!   I use them for back pain and they work wonders for me.  BUT they really pull the skin when I remove them.  Don't know if I would want to use them on new incisions.  Mine are a large size, bigger than my hand.  I would double check with her just to be safe since they are for muscle pain. 

Blessings....Dee
                  5'1"  Age 62   Goal weight between 128 - 135  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views