ADVICE PLEASE

rochelle111
on 11/16/11 6:56 am - Australia
Im in my 4 week stall for the past 2 weeks can you please let me know if im not eating right?

b: yoghurt
l: small fat free puree baked beans
s: a little bit of more yoghurt or cheese
d: pureed pumpkin/vegetable soup

I havent lost any weight for 2 weeks
I know i need to get more water in

am i doing anything wrong!

thanks!

Mom4Jazz
on 11/16/11 7:16 am
Stalls are normal. I've had 3 of them so far that lasted more than a week.

Do focus on liquids first. Once you have them under control, focus on getting more protein - it's important - your body needs it. That does take time...and one thing at a time.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

atomic_bettie
on 11/16/11 7:16 am - OK
There is not much you can do actually.  It happens to almost everyone.  Just focus on your water.  It will start coming off :).
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
imchatti
on 11/16/11 7:39 am - NJ
 I am only six days out so take this for what you paid for it .... 

i don't see a lot of protien on your menu ... i have no idea if that matters or not for losing weight, but you do need it.  

I see yogurt for breakfast .... (i'm guessing it's greek)  are you adding protien powder?

Beans for lunch - high in protien and lots of fiber which makes them good carbs that take a while to digest - are you eating them everyday?  maybe replace with shredded chicken or tuna?

yogurt - again add protien 

and the pureed soup for dinner sounds yummy ..... but high in carbs again (good ones again).  i would add some turkey or chicken and/or protien powder.  

good luck!

edelu
on 11/16/11 12:05 pm - los angeles, CA
I'm thinking she's only 4 weeks out so probably not on a full menu yet but soft foods. At least that's what i think she said.
SassyItalian
on 11/16/11 7:47 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
It really looks like you are not getting enough protein and maybe too few calories. I wasnt sure of your quantities..

You may want to add in a shake somewhere in the course of the day.
And swap the soup or baked beans for meat. Meat has the most protein bang for your buck. It is  really what you need right now, not veggies or beans. (Yes, beans have protein but baked beans to me are more carbs than protein, IMHO).

Since you are eating so little you have to get the most nutritional value from what you eat. the most bang for your buck. 

For example, if you are eating yogurt it is best to eat greek yogurt, we are talking 14g protein in a serving VS say 7-8 g protein in regular.. 

As long as you are taking your vitamins you should be getting in the vitamins you would from veggies. If you were getting in all your protein daily then you could keep the beans or veggie soup but right now you probably are only getting 30-40g protein max.

I think that will help you kickstart! Good luck.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

rochelle111
on 11/16/11 7:57 am - Australia

Thank you SO much for your replies!

I definately need to start eating more (I hardly feel like it)

I definately need to eat more meet but when it was in puree it was the WORST taste ever
It felt like tuna texture and i hate seafood and tuna more then anything!

I definately will start to substitue breakfast for a shake

I try to eat scrambled egg but it takes me about to hour to have half a cup of that and sits kind of heavy.

THANK YOU ALL !

abrown8434
on 11/16/11 10:15 am - VA
I agree w/the previous comments but, in reference to the egg, try scrambled egg whites. I find them more tolerable than  an entire egg. Your amounts now are so small because you are still healing and swollen, but two egg whites have the same amount of protein as one egg w/yolk but almost no fat.

Good luck,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

emdesq
on 11/16/11 8:38 am
You also might want to try substituting something for the cheese you snack on. Depending on what type you are eating, it could contain more fat grams than you want at this early stage.  Try beef jerky, turkey jerky or a hard-boiled egg as a snack.  These are options with more protein and less fat.

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
SassyItalian
on 11/16/11 9:43 am, edited 11/15/11 9:44 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
i guess it depends on one's plan. Many dont worry about fat.

alot of plans specify 400-800 calories a day, less than 60-40g carbs, 40g fat. Alot of plans dont even worry about fat. And the fat in 1 piece of cheese is negligable. definitely no where near the 40g daily.

We are all very different but I lived on cheese especially at first, having at least 2 string cheeses or babybels a day. It felt good in the stomach and offers 6g protein per snack and only a carb or so.

Granted they were the 'light' variety. I never stalled once, got to goal in 7 months, and my cholesterol went from 200 to 140-something.

Not trying to be contrary just saying as long as the values fit into one's plan then it should be fine and not cause a stall. The same goes for the carbs from the beans. as long as it fits into your plan and you are getting your protein first.

I know Cirangle has a really thorough program though, and his patients are really successful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views