protein

jodi80
on 11/26/11 10:23 am
ok I really need advise, I am failing getting protein in... I don't care for the protein shakes.. I tried the premade like it for a few days got old and now not loving it.. I tried isopure yuck.... Anyone have any that aren't chalky, chunky, or too sweet? Thanks a bunch
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 10:54 am
Try these- I cannot handle overly sweet anything, and I don't like most of the milky ones.. I found a couple in this sampler that have become my regular protein supplements.. Syntrax Nectar sample pack, info below!

We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on theNectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors:  Apple Ecstasy, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Twisted Cherry, Chocolate Truffle, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino.  The price is $13.00.  The Nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground.  If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801.  Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central time.
cbz1815
on 11/26/11 10:56 am
 Bariatric Choice has some 23 gram protein frappochino things - in jar - expensive but my kids love them.  (I have to make them stay out of them).
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
KathyA999
on 11/26/11 11:00 am
If you like the taste of coffee, you could try Click.  Comes in chocolate and vanilla flavors, but is essentially espresso with choc or vanilla flavoring, and protein.  Not available as decaf, so you should be cleared for caffeine before you try it.

Available on Amazon, or their own website, you can google it, and probably on a bunch of other sites as well.  Shop around for price.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

amberk82
on 11/26/11 12:55 pm
I have had the same issue!! I tend to get tired of things too, so I am trying a variety of things...I have been on alpine punch isopure which is icky, unless I mix it half and half with my crystal light which is ok...then I went and bought the atkins shakes cafe caramel...I tried my 1st one today and it was pretty good. Tasted like a grench vanilla cappuccino. Good luck!

ready2Bhealthy2
on 11/26/11 9:47 pm
I have isopure and was thinking about mixing my crystal light with it.  I bought a couple different flavors to see what I liked, but I'm too disgusted to even take another drink.  Did you try any other flavors?  What kind of crystal light di you use?  Thanks
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
amberk82
on 11/27/11 9:02 am
I do the Apline punch Isopure and I mix it with the fruit punch crystal light...it is not great, but it is sooo much better than the protein shake to me! What I did today is I drank my Atkins "coffee" like shake this morning which is all  I had--I was not hungry at all until dinner! and then I am drnking my fruity protein now! so thats 35 grams of protein in juts those 2 drinks :) 

goldngrl5
on 11/26/11 3:54 pm
Try strawberry Matrix by Syntrax. It's really good.
  Goldngrl 5        
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 9:38 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Everyone's tastes are different, and everyone will have different recommendations for you. You really just have to keep trying things to find what YOU like - I highly recommend getting samples of everything you possibly can. I believe if you buy powders at some stores (health food stores or supplement stores) and don't like them, you can also return them even if you've opened them, so ask when you go into a store if that's the case.

I personally hated every single Syntrax Nectar flavor - tried them all because I REALLY wanted something I liked when mixed with water, but I just couldn't stand any of them, unfortunately. If you are a coffee drinker, you can make your own protein coffee drinks using unflavored protein powder.

My absolute favorite was a brand called Dymatize - the texture of the powder was finer than most, so it mixed in really well without being chalky. My flavor of choice was their Elite Chocolate Mint, which I bought from either netrition.com or vitacost.com since both have low flat-rate shipping.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views