Sleeved on 11/30 nautious,can't drink.

ginag70
on 12/2/11 8:40 am
Hello all, I was Sleeved on 11/30. Yesterday I drank 1/2 shake all day and some broth. Today I woke up feeling very sick,  feeling a little better now. Had a fever of 99.4. I have had a few sips of shake and some water. Anyone else experience this.
Britgal8888
on 12/2/11 9:04 am - CA
VSG on 11/28/11 with

Hi, I was sleeved on 11/28 so just two days ahead of you.  I couldn't drink anything for the first 24 hours.   I have been sipping little medicince cups of Premier Protein shakes, water, Isopure and Cranberry juice etc.  I could not handle any type of broth.  It made me nauseaus.

Take it easy.   You are still early out.  You might want to call your doctor if  your temperature gets any higher.

Julie S.
on 12/2/11 11:16 am - Laredo, TX
VSG on 12/29/14
Hi, I'm just wondering...when you say couldn't drink anything... is it because you could not swollow or because it did not go down into your tummy? What exactly do you feel?
With God All things are possible!      
ready2Bhealthy2
on 12/2/11 10:19 am
I can't believe you are out of the hospital.  It's so crazy how this surgery isn't standardized.  My surgeon wouldn't let me leave until I could drink 2L of liquids, pass gas, was off of nausea meds for 12 hours, and was fever free!  Please call your doctor ASAP.  Dehydration is nothing to play with.  Monitor your urine output...how much, how often, and the color.  The darker it is the more dehydrated you are.  Drink tha****er no mater what or get to the hospital.  Please be safe!
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
soon2b20
on 12/2/11 10:36 am - NJ
My doctor actually told me to start purees because of me being nauseas and it really did help.  Guess I needed a little more substance in my sleeve.   Keep checking for fever it is important.  Good luck.

ginag70
on 12/2/11 10:41 am

Thank you for your replies! My temp is normal right now. I was able to drink a little. I definately will call my doc if my temp goes back up.
lovetoread
on 12/2/11 10:44 am - East Amherst, NY
Try sugar free popsicles if you're having a problem drinking. They are equal to 2 ounces each. Granted, they don't provide enough fluid to keep you hydrated, but they would help a little and might help your nausea.
HW 282
CW 251
GW 145

4mynewlife
on 12/2/11 12:57 pm - Yorktown, VA
Hi, I was also sleeved on Nov.30th. The first 24 hrs, I could not tolerate anything. My doctor order me to have somehthing placed in my IV, starts with "r" (redlyn?). Anyways, it was to help my stomach push contents down. I think what actually start to happen was the spasms that I now experience. Please make sure that you sip sip sip sip, get those fluids in. I keep hearing that the last think you want to do is have to be readmitted into the hopsital because you are deydrated. I think listening to your body , if you cant tolerate broth try something. I took a few sips of broth and that was it. I just didn't like it. So I am just doing protein shakes, water and jello. So far I have had bannana and cookies and cream. Its been helpful getting liquids as well as protein, which we need for cell rejuvenation.
Take care, God Bless you!!
Greg M.
on 12/2/11 1:03 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Your doc gave you Reglan.

Metoclopramide injection is used to relieve symptoms caused by slow stomach emptying in people who have diabetes. These symptoms include nausea, vomiting, heartburn, loss of appetite, and feeling of fullness that lasts long after meals. Metoclopramide injection is also used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy or that may occur after surgery. Metoclopramide injection is also sometimes used to empty the intestines during certain medical procedures. Metoclopramide injection is in a class of medications called prokinetic agents. It works by speeding the movement of food through the stomach and intestines.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

4mynewlife
on 12/3/11 2:19 am - Yorktown, VA
Thanks so much for the information!! I love this forum! I have learned so much from you all!! You guys rock!! I am not diabetic but I didn't have an appetite and didn't take any of the broths, jello, etc. after surgery. So it was a good call. I am not 4 days post op and I am able to drink at 16 of H2O in a 24 hr period. I can also get in 4 oz of protein shake by half of the day. I also noticed that when I have the stomach spasm if I just elongate my stomach, and make sure I am not bent over it supsides. So over all getting used to this new little tummy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 64 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views