FOAMIES???

A_NewFuture
on 12/6/11 3:55 am - Saginaw, MI
Hi I noticed some postings saying they got foamies? Can someone tell me what foamies is? What does it mean etc... Thanks

GOD'S PEACE UPON YOU ALL

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Maureen K.
on 12/6/11 4:03 am
 You can get foamies from eating too fast eating too much and taking too big of bites, what they are for me is after doing one of the above I begin to feel very full and then developed foam in my mouth and have to spit and it can happen over and over again for anywhere for. 10 min to an hour that is my experience with foamies others may differ but that's mine hate it but even at three years out I still manage to do one of those stupid things once every couple of weeks just hard to break old habits best wishes to you 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

A_NewFuture
on 12/6/11 4:11 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank You Maureen. I was wondering because sometimes I notice when I eat I end up vomiting and it's nothing but frothy and foamy so I was wondering if that was what Faomies was and why was I doing it. Thanks for the information and God Bless

RAQUEL

Mom4Jazz
on 12/6/11 4:41 am
Basically, foamies is saliva with no place to go.

You eat too much or too fast, and your tiny tummy develops a log jam, food up to or even in your esophagus. Now...there's saliva headed that way generally all the time. If it has nowhere to go when it heads down, it comes back up, sometimes bringing a little flavor of your now regretted over-eaten food with it. By the time it comes back up, it's kinda white and foamie.

Ick. And miserable. But just basically spit.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

A_NewFuture
on 12/6/11 4:45 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thanks! Mom4Jazz I think that's what is happening to me I am still trying to learn what portions my tummy can handle but sometimes taking that 5th bite gets me vomiting my foamies so I am narrowing it down to 3 or 4 max bites! Thanks for replying

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

CEEW
on 12/6/11 5:57 am
"FOAMIES" ARE YOUR SLEEVE SAYING....."DON'T EAT SO FAST !!!".....and "NOT SO MUCH !!!"

"FOAMIES" KEEP YOU ON TRACK...... 

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 6:05 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
People who havent had WLS get foamies too because of GERD or reflux, only its called "brash water" then.

I had the foamies once, and it had nothing to do with food.  I hadnt eaten for a few hours, I chewed a few vitamin C and went to lie down to watch some show and started foaming. 

Because I *hadnt* eaten food and knew it wasnt because I was too full up and knew it was some sort of chemical party down there, I just drank some baking soda water and that neutralized it, but it was weird.

And the only time in 2-1/2 years that has ever happened. *shrug*
A_NewFuture
on 12/6/11 1:45 pm - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you everybody for your posting a reply. I am learning all this now and I am finding out I have so much more to learn. Thanks again and God Bless

RAQUEL

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views