I went on the plastic board and asked this question no one answered me hope someone can...

Valerie K.
on 12/12/11 6:28 am - Dearborn, MI
 I had my tummy tuck 6 week ago. I noticed last Thursday I hard lump on one side of my stomach now today another hard lump on my other side of my stomach area. One hurts the other does not. My question is could it be a build up of fluid?? If so my doc will have to drain it? I hope it is not this thanks for any info.

I go see my surgeon tomorrow just asking here because I keep wondering what it is.

My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Maureen K.
on 12/12/11 6:46 am
 I don't know cuz didn't experience it but I do know they said to be very care ful have you over done it even doing excess housework etc can bring on. I forget what they call it where yes they have to drain it good luck hope it is nothing until then take it easy and make sure you are wearing your compression garment 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Valerie K.
on 12/12/11 7:01 am - Dearborn, MI
 OMG you might be right last week I went to the gym 2 times walked 1 mile which my doc said I could do that was last Monday than again on Wednesday and found the hard lump on Thursday. My compression garment I use but I did not use it when I was exercising. Well I will sure find out Tomorrow.

slimpickins5280
on 12/12/11 6:48 am - CO
I'm just thinking out loud because I'm no where near even considering plastics, but I wonder if it's some scar tissue. It can be hard and painful sometimes.

Good thing that you have a doctor appt tomorrow.

Let us know what comes of it.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Valerie K.
on 12/12/11 6:57 am - Dearborn, MI
 I was thinking scar tissue also but could it happen only 6 weeks out? It some times gets bigger than smaller to so I do not think it is that. But thanks for any thinking on this for me.

Ms Shell
on 12/12/11 8:00 am - Hawthorne, CA
The only hard lump I had was on my knee incision and I had a seroma which he had to open and drain...what joy (NOT)

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Valerie K.
on 12/12/11 8:14 am - Dearborn, MI
 Shell did it hurt when you pushed on it? I was doing some looking around and found info on a seroma and hoped it was not that. But I think it is.

Ms Shell
on 12/12/11 8:16 am - Hawthorne, CA
I can't remember.  I just remember it being hard sorry I can't be of more assistance =(

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

quintons_mommy200

on 12/12/11 1:44 pm
I had a seroma when I had my gallbladder out... and it hurt a little... I kept pushing on it and eventually it exploded all over me.. (tmi, I know, and I'm sorry)... it seemed to fill up a few times, and it leaked for a while off and on.

It's pretty icky... but if that happens to you tonight before you see your doc, don't panic. It's probably ok. I freaked out and went to the ER..which turned out to be really unnecessary.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views