How to break 3 week stall

runfatgirlrun
on 12/15/11 7:21 pm
K... I am the poster child for this infamous 3 week stall.  I lost zero pounds this week. Actually it looks like I gained a pound which sucks royally.  What tips do you have to break this thing.  It is totally demoralizing since I am eating 500 calories a day.  I am pumping protein into me - I have one of those Premier Nutrition Chocolate shakes @ 30 grams of protein, a Chobani Plain Yougurt @ 18 grams of protein, Pea Soup @ 12 grams of protein and a hard boiled egg @ 8 grams of protein.  I am active and back to work.  I wanted to break under 200lbs and start the new year in Onederland but that may not happen.  Any suggestions???? 

RubyTues
on 12/15/11 9:13 pm - Canada

The only thing that's seemed to work in my case is walking. I wasn't getting a lot of it in the first couple weeks.. just your average everyday walking, but yesterday I was shopping for hours so with all that walking to the mall since parking was waaaay far back and then all the walking around I managed to get the scale to go down this morning.

Ms. Poker Face
on 12/15/11 9:48 pm
All you can do is stick to your plan.  I know this sucks, but stalls are going to happen.  This wont' be your last stall. 

It sounds like you are doing well with protein.  Are you getting all your fluids in?  Are you keeping the carbs low?  If so, then all is well.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Carmelita
on 12/15/11 10:01 pm - Four Corners, NM
krystals
on 12/16/11 5:51 am, edited 12/15/11 5:52 pm - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
Hey there I had a longggggg stall. Then I read on OH a post on how someone broke there stall. What she said was she would eat 80-100 grams of protein no carbs or as less as possible for 2 days. Then on the third day she would eat 80 grams of carbs and slack on the protein meaning no shakes or anything. Also I know this is kind of how they do it on biggest loser. So I figured what the hell I should just try it because scale is not moving. So I did over 100 grams of protein with shakes, tuna, fish, meat etc. Ate virtually no carbs for 2 days. Then I Carb it up on the third day till my hearts desire and made sure I didn't go over 80g. I have to admit I loved the third day. Ofcourse I drank all my water each day. Well I got on the scale and was losing a pound a day by doing this. I think when your body gets used to you doing the same thing to lose weight you have to shock it a bit and get it confused so it says hey what's going on here. I'm not saying this will work for everyone but I was desperate to get the scale moving and this worked and is still working for me. Only have 22 more pounds to go. Currently weigh as of this morning 153. I really hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views