Strange Question!

sheilapinkney
on 12/21/11 11:36 pm - Calgary, Canada

Good morning to all.

This question is for the one who have had their surgery and are later in their recovery. 

I have recently noticed that when I took measurements of my calves, that one is bigger than the other by an inch and a half. 

My question is, has anyone else noticed this in your measurement?  Where you lose more weight in one area over another and does it eventually even itself out?

The good news is, since the very beginning of my journey I have lost over 66 inches.  66 inches is the equivalent to my height of 5'6.   So I have lost a whole ME in inches.  Amazing.

Thanks for your help.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

USAF Wife
on 12/21/11 11:39 pm
My entire right side of my body is bigger than the left. My right foot is bigger, my right boob is bigger my right arm is bigger, my right ring finger is bigger by an entire ring size. I don't remember my inch measurements for my calf, but I would venture to guess it's bigger too.

I'm a big asymmetrical mess!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

hanset
on 12/21/11 11:43 pm - marcus hook, PA
LOL Now im gonna go measure!!  I never did inches. just by weight. but interesting..
~~Traci~~~        
kahlana
on 12/21/11 11:44 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I've noticed the same thing. I wonder if it has to do with that whole "dominant hand" thing. If you are right handed those muscles are used more and if you are left handed those muscles get used more. Hope that makes sense.
sheilapinkney
on 12/22/11 12:04 am - Calgary, Canada

That is what I thought to.  I am right handed, but it is my left calf that is larger than the right one.  So it doesn't make sense to me. 

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/11 3:36 am
Have you ever injured your right foot/leg? I have a friend that broke her ankle.. ever since, her calf on that side has never fully recovered from some of the wasting that happened while she was in a cast.
VeronicaJ5
on 12/22/11 3:53 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
When you stand do you stand on your left leg... I do I have standing job and my butt cheek on that side is shaped a little different lol
Most Active