Taking More Time from Work

Sincereone72
on 12/28/11 10:42 am - OH
 I had my surgery on December 12th and go back on January 2nd.  However, I think I will request an extra week off.  Has anyone requested extra time away from work?

MargeAD
on 12/28/11 10:54 am - CA
Mine was the 17th and I am supposed to go back on the 3rd. I have a follow up visit on the 2nd and plan to ask for more time. I am doing well but tired. My job is very demanding and exhausting (12-16 hour days) and I just don't feel ready to go back to that yet.
46_11tobeme
on 12/28/11 11:16 am - NJ
 I took 6 weeks off and really needed it. I have a very demanding job, and didnt feel up to working any earlier. I am 2 months post op now and still have days where working is hard and my energy is just not where it should be. Other days I feel great.

camietam
on 12/28/11 11:29 am - Ceres , CA
It's ok to ask for more time off work. It's not just the healing from surgery, but also food preparation and getting yourself on a workout program. It's mental preparation as well. Good luck on your weight loss.
Camie

Sincereone72
on 12/28/11 11:33 am - OH
My job is also a very stressful demanding job, even tho most of my time I am sitting at the computer. I am still exhausted and incisions are still healing.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 11:47 am
We're sleeve sisters :) I am off until the 12th. I would NOT want to go back on the 2nd. I don't have any kind of routine down yet. I barely started my exercising. I'm still not getting all of my liquids or proteins in like I should and my incisions started randomly hurting while I sleep at night. I'm also not mentally ready to be back. The 12th is a month off. I MIGHT even request longer. Some people take 6 weeks off... I want to have a breakfast, lunch, dinner routine and all of my fluids and protein and exercise completely set by the time I go back because once I go to work all of that is out the window and then there is extreme stress at that place.

Oh and right now, it's taking me a half hour just to take my vitamins and meds every morning! 
kwiegs3856
on 12/28/11 12:51 pm - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
  I had planned on taking 3-4 weeks, but found out today that my surgeon requires atleast 8 weeks
for a desk job and 13 for a more physcial job.  I never heard anyone on here say they stayed out
that long for a desk job.  I'm not going to complain though since I have up to 13 weeks if needed
short term disability with full pay.   I guess the more time to heal and get in a good exercise routine and
eating plan the better!

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 12:53 pm
Short term disability?? Tell me more! At my job we have to take sick leave and we get 100 days half pay after our time runs out.
kwiegs3856
on 12/28/11 1:07 pm - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
   I work at a rather large hospital in the PA suburbs.  It's part of our benefit package, and common in hospitals.   Not everyone gets full pay,  I do because I've been working there 22 years. 

prevsgcrys
on 12/28/11 1:11 pm, edited 12/28/11 1:14 am - OH
we had surgery the exact same day! I was planning on jan 3 myself...but still having pain and I went ahead and extended my time off for the whole 6 weeks!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views