anyone else Feb 2nd surgery date?

cpbkmb06
on 12/29/11 12:40 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I would like to follow people having surgery on or around the same day. Thanks!
Rosemary1031
on 12/29/11 2:05 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Yes! my surgery date is Feb 6th.

I'm really struggling at dinner time. I've incorporated the liquid diet supplement already; I have it for either breakfast or lunch, and the other meal is usually less than 350 cals. Dinner, however, is another story. I'm having what someone on here refered to as "food funerals". I keep reminding myself that I won't be eating some of these foods, or that I've never tried this or that and this is the time to do it. I'm actually eating things I have not eaten before in ages (I lost 112 lbs on my own over the last 4 years).
The full liquid diet begins for me on the 16th of January. I try to keep as active as I possibly can considering I'm glued to a desk job 8-10 hrs a day. I get by with youtube cubicle exercises and hit the gym 3x week.
Overall, I am amped and ready. I realize that my little splurges are normal and so long as I don't overdo it I will be ok.
How are you doing?
LeesaB
on 12/29/11 4:43 am
My surgery date is Feb 14th! It's going to be nice to see how you're doing and follow each others progress! Good luck Ladies!!
Joe Cool
on 12/29/11 5:33 am
I don't have a date yet but I hope to have surgery the end of Jan or beginning of Feb.
Ht: 5'4" HW: 320 Pre-op Diet weight 1/20/12: 315 Surgery weight 2/3/12: 301  

VSG - 2/3/2012
cpbkmb06
on 12/29/11 8:22 am
VSG on 02/02/12
Dinner is usually the biggest meal for me too. When I saw the nutritionist that was the thing that stood out most for me. I haven't started any kind of "dieting" yet. I have the pre-op diet that I should start around the 14th of the month. I too work in an office and found after getting the office job, I gained 40 lbs :(  The foods I eat now are generally healthy, but my portion size is large. I am going to have sushi with my sister and a steak dinner with a friend as my food "funerals", but overall I don't think I will miss much. (Sprite maybe!) I am VERY lucky and my husband is a GREAT support through all of this. He is even going to diet along with me. He isn't morbidly obese though and only needs to lost about 40 lbs. He can do it in a month if he wants to. That frustrates me. I can't seem to lose and he can without trying very hard :(  I am most nervous about the pre-op diet than anything. My downfall is usually after a few days of "being good". I feel like I am starving and make up for foods I feel like I "lost" in the few days I have been good. I am excited to start a new year with a new me! Wish you the best of luck! Can't wait to see our progress!
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 10:18 am
kahlana
on 12/29/11 1:19 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I'm scheduled for Feb 1st. Got my approval letter from the insurance company in the mail this evening. I'll be calling my surgeons office to tell the coordinator it's a go and see if they are moving the date up for it at all in the morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get in sooner! I'd love to celebrate my 43rd a few pounds lighter lol. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
cpbkmb06
on 12/30/11 12:51 am
VSG on 02/02/12
@ Don- I am going to try to make it to the support group on the 31st! I am also attending Dr. Oliphants seminar on January 11th. I am still researching everything I can until the big day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views