I feel like I am wasting my sleeve!

ginag70
on 1/5/12 9:35 am
I had my sleeve done 5 weeks ago, but I have not exercised in weeks! I am real sick with my ear! I have a auto immune disease, that has made me deaf and causes excrutiating pain. I have been on steroids for it for 3 yrs now. I decided to stop when I got this surgery, but now I am in excrutiating pain and haven't been able to do anything, I lie in bed all day!

I need to use my sleeve to my advantage, I am scared I am wasting the most important time! Doc ordered Vicadin today. I am already sick to my stomach from pain pills and I think I am dehydrated. Have not been eating and hardly drinking.

I guess I just needed to vent....

Gina
onemoretry
on 1/5/12 9:41 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Gina, Is there a reason you stopped taking the steroids? Did they tell you, you could not take them once you had your surgery?
ginag70
on 1/5/12 9:46 am
Well they suggested it yes, It is not good for you sleeve like NSAIDS. Aslo weight gain!
onemoretry
on 1/5/12 9:49 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. I pray the Vicadin relieves you of the pain that you are in and you start to feel better soon.
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 9:51 am
 While the exercise is important, it doesn't mean you are wasting your sleeve.  Don't let that get you side tracked from the other good habits you can work on.  

This sounds to me like you need a team approach to working through your issues.  I had to get my surgeon and NUT on the same page as my hematologist.  Nothing as serious as your problem but my surgeon was counter manning my hematologist.  Took a few calls but they got it together and worked out their differences.  

I hope you can get this solved quickly.  

clew48
on 1/5/12 10:08 am
Hi  I am new to the site  but sure hope you feel better  I won't have my vsg till the 24th
Ms. Poker Face
on 1/5/12 10:12 am
That really stinks that you are in pain!  

First, take a deep breath.  Then, start drinking your fluids!  Dehydration is only going to make you feel worse.

I wouldn't worry too much about exercise right now.  I would focus on hydration, then protein and certainly getting your pain alleviated.  Seems like you might need to get your surgeon to speak with whoever is/was treating your autoimmune disease so that they can decide how to best deal with your pain.  After that, then maybe incorporate exercise.

Good luck and feel better.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

KathyA999
on 1/5/12 10:16 am
I'm 61 years old, lost 110 lbs in a year, and never exercised.  Not saying that's what you should do, or anyone else, and I do wish I had been exercising because I lost muscle tone along with the fat, even eating 100 grams of protein a day.  What I AM saying is, take care of your ear, follow your food plan, HYDRATE, get to the exercise part when you can, and the weight will take care of itself.

I hope you feel better soon, hon.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

ginag70
on 1/5/12 11:18 am
Thank you everyone for your good advice!
mrs.millan
on 1/5/12 11:36 am - Petaluma, CA
Gina,

I have an autoimmune disease, and I only get to work out maybe 1 or twice a month if im lucky!! I was on steriods for a long time also...I weighed 280lbs I now weigh 168lbs...please, please work on hydration and protein, as you dont want to lose muscle mass, or get dehydrated!!!
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views