grrrrrrrr

corimeyers24
on 1/5/12 8:54 pm - TX
 OK is it me or do other ppl get mad when they wake up and run to the scale and its the same .now i started eating right monday and have lost 1.4 a day but today no weightloss.. i know it could be water but it makes me want to say screw eating right.. soryy its just discouraging. i am like a crackhead when it comes to my scale well just when i wake up but grrrrrrrrive been eating nothing but chicken and veggies and water so when i dont loose it makes me want to go order a cheese enchalada... just needed to vent thanks 

crthorn
on 1/5/12 9:17 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/27/12
 Corimeyers, I know exactly how you feel but don’t step off that gastronomic ledge.  You’ve done amazing things by losing over a hundred pound and you should be proud.  Keep up the good work because you and everyone on this site have really shown me how important community support is in helping us achieve our goals.   Hope the rest of your day goes well.

debk21
on 1/5/12 9:20 pm - Mansfield, TX
I totally get it!  Sorry you are having a rough morning.  I've gotten used to the fact that I stair step lose.  I'll stay the same for a few days and then BAM!  Remember that the closer you get to goal, the more the losses taper off.  Keep doing the right thing and you'll be where you want to be before you know it...(((Hugs)))

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

corimeyers24
on 1/5/12 9:24 pm - TX
its hard because im working so hard... strick diet of 500/800 calories less than 30 carbs and 80 or more in protein plus ive gone to the gym and burned 250-300 cal everyday this week.. thankyou for ur support just a little sad it didnt move.. il be over it tomorrow unless i dont loose again...then it will be time to switch something

Happy966
on 1/5/12 10:30 pm

I would consider taking a deep breath and stop focusing on what the scale is saying for a while.  I can sometimes give way too much power to my scale, and when I do, I have to step back.  I am in this to have a saner relationship with food and become healthier, not to have an inanimate machine tell me I weigh X. 

Please don't get discouraged.  It can take several weeks to see the fruits of your labor, but I know you will!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Zedsmummy
on 1/5/12 10:37 pm - Canada
I'm a slave to the scale too but I also credit my surgery for my losses and blame myself when I don't lose. Like that makes any sense. Oh yeah sure when I lose it's because I had the surgery and when I don't lose it's because I am the failure.

I just have to remind myself that when I am eating on plan and not losing there is something else going on. My body is just trying to equalize based on new conditions. It could be redistributing fluid or something. Usually, if there is no loss on the scale there's a loss on the measuring tape.

I just read this article about how research is showing that our bodies fight to maintain the fat that we put on but with our surgical interventions we will win the war even if we occaisionally appear to be losing small battles.

Here's a link to the article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?_r=2&ref=general&src=me&pagewanted=all
              Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

MargeAD
on 1/5/12 10:53 pm - CA
My doc told me to only weigh once a week to avoid these ups and downs. This is the only piece of advice I haven't taken. I feel your pain!

corimeyers24
on 1/5/12 11:02 pm - TX
 i wish i could do it once a week but it drives me crazy all day if i dont look

corimeyers24
on 1/5/12 11:18 pm - TX
 i figurd it out..... my food diary is tell me i stayed under 600 cal and thats when i lost but yester i got in 800 so maybe 800 is too much for me i try to stay between 5 and 8 but i guess i should change it to 500 to 600 ill let yall know if it works

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views