Oh help...I have broken the no sugar rule

mands007
on 1/6/12 8:57 am
 Ok, I must admit that I have broken the no sugar rule...but ever since I have actually felt hunger...I did not think after the VSG that you were supposed to feel any hunger - has anyone else felt hunger post operatively?
It is wierd, I am having trouble to eat meals at specific times and I am now tending to graze - which is why i think my weight has not changed...grrr! I am so mad at myself as i started out so well.

faylavi
on 1/6/12 9:10 am - Laurel, MD
Replace the sugar with protein(add a shake). You will be fine

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

happyteacher
on 1/6/12 9:11 am
 I feel hunger.  It is not as strong as it once was.  Today for example, I forgot my lunch.  I had a shake at breakfast and was reduced to a second shake that I stock there for days I forget my lunch.  Hungry by dinner, but not insane.  I did find for the first time I overate the sleeve, just a smidge.  I made the mistake of measuring out my portion of 2 ounces pot roast and .5 ounce turnip/potatoe.  Happy to have felt the restriction for the first time, but didn't keep down the proverbial last bite was one to many that I had read about on here.  Somewhere I read not to go by what you measure, but what your sleeve tells you.  (Measure to make sure you don't go over...)

Oveall it is more like a reminder to eat, and not crazy hunger.  I have noticed though that once it returned (no hunger the first week or so post op) that I think about eating poor choices more frequently.  Some days are better than others, but the higher carb days from shakes it is noticably harder.  I clearly am a person that needs to carefully plan meals.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Jenijeni
on 1/6/12 9:35 am
Yes, after VSG, you can feel hunger. As someone else mentioned, it may not be as strong as before, but often enough, it is! Don't kick yourself for breaking a rule, just get back on track and do what you know you're supposed to do. This is a tool, remember? It's not a sure-fire winning lotto ticket! Tomorrow, begin the day with a protein shake and stick to your diet. Follow through! You can do this, baby!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views