Anyone have this problem?

ginag70
on 1/11/12 10:17 am
I am 6 weeks out and I can't eat anything! In the beginning I was doing so well. My sleeve does not like anything! Soup is even coming  back up, if it doesnt come up. I constantly feel like I am going to heeve!

Any suggestions?
HogRider
on 1/11/12 10:23 am - Jacksonville, FL
Does it come right back up? What about food? Any issues with food coming back up? I had a similar issue but mine turned out to be a stricture. Have you talked with your surgeon?
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
ginag70
on 1/11/12 10:26 am
Yes, even food comes up, if not it just lays in the bottom of my throat. My surgeon scheduled a scope for next month. I hope i can wait that long.
HogRider
on 1/11/12 10:35 am, edited 1/11/12 10:35 am - Jacksonville, FL
Just be real careful about getting enough water in. I had to go to the ER twice because I got badly dehydrated. Bone up on symptoms of dehydration and keep aware. I would put some pressure on your doctor to get a earlier data for the endo. This can be a serious issue.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
ginag70
on 1/11/12 10:39 am
Thanks Hog!
camietam
on 1/11/12 11:13 am - Ceres , CA
Call the doctors office and see if there is a cancellation list. You need to get the EGD this month. Did you get an Upper GI? The Upper GI will quickly show any blockage. Hang in there, just keep drinking protein shakes. Keep it to liquids. If you look at my food journal I vomited for 2 weeks and then the Upper GI found the blockage.
Camie

buttercupnectar
on 1/11/12 12:46 pm
I am guessing that if you can't ge****er down you are going to be in emergency room and getting an upper GI in the next couple of days!  Measure exactly how much you are getting down.  If you find tomorrow you are not keepig anything down call your surgeon and ask him if he wants to meet you at the surgery center or the ER!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views