OT: Should I pay for Match.com? Any success stories?

VegasLAbound
on 1/12/12 9:47 pm - Cleveland, OH
I know the commercial boasts and brags about the success and so forth but has anyone here met any great loves and it was just the bees knees? I am interested in a guy and he winked, i winked, then he e-mailed. I haven't subscribed so I can't read the e-mail no reply. I'm liking the fact that its a "pay to play" service sort of weeding out complete losers but it's no guarantee. Anyway does anyone have any horror stories with the online dating sites such Eharmony or Match dot com? Please dont share your random Yahoo! chatroom horrors I have no interest and wouldn't meet anyone that way (too many hours of watching To Catch a Predator). Just looking for a date with someone who is not a neanderthal. :-)

dittodotv
on 1/12/12 9:57 pm
My cousin met her husband on eharmony.com, and so did another friend of mine. Not sure if you are just looking to date, or have a long-term relationship, but I can attest to these two "success stories" for that website! 

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

P_B
on 1/12/12 9:59 pm - Norfolk, VA
I hear good things about plentyoffish.com

P_B
on 1/12/12 9:59 pm - Norfolk, VA
Forgot to add its free

Christine928
on 1/12/12 10:16 pm
Please do not pay for Match.com

Yes.. Just because people are paying is no guarentee that they are sane, intelligent, etc....I used singlesnet.com and plentyoffish. I met alot of people on there; some really good and others were just looking for one nighters. But being in Human Resources I know how to weed those bad apples out of my basket fast. I always made my profile very specific. Now were guys bold and responded that didn't match my qualifications; yes. And I countered with lots of probing questions and said good bye if they didn't answer correctly.

My first fiance I met on blackplanet.com.. That lasted for 7 1/2 years and it was the worse experience ever. Because of that I have become very mindful in how I portrayed myself and very picky in who I contacted.

The two sites that I listed above are good sites. I personally know 4 couples that have found each other on Plentyoffish and are getting married this year. I was just recently married Dec. 14, 2011, my husband and I first started talking on singlesnet.com. And we were married in less then a year. Literally the perfect match, we compliment each other so well. I am truely blessed that I found someone like him.

Good Luck in your search... It may take awhile but he is out there.
Lauren312
on 1/12/12 10:37 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/04/12
This time last year I had signed up for both eharmony and match.com. I had a lot of men on there who were interested in talking to me and taking me on a date. I can tell you I was talking to maybe 5 different men at once, just to see if I could get to know them through the phone first because I was always scared that one may be a secret murder. Some guys would drop off after I didn't show them as much attention as they want. I ended up going on about 10 different dates with the guys, all trying to feel them out and see if they were the ones for me. Most of them guys were amazing, but not exactly what I was looking for. I felt like if I let myself commit with one, I was settling for something and I did not want to just settle. So eventually I ended my memberships on the sites but to this day, some of the guys still contact me to go out for a drink or two. I think my experience with this websites were worth it because I learned a lot and met some really great men.

I think you should try one of the sites. I think I liked match.com more because it seems easier to get to know someone on there. Good luck!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/12 10:45 pm
I've done it all and I think you get the same types of people when you pay and don't. Had a long relationship off of Yahoo and Myspace! Bad experiences with Eharmony and Match and everywhere else. Don't be deceived, there is absolutely no difference between Yahoo and anywhere else. It's someone behind a computer and they can portray themselves any way they like. Them paying $10 with a credit card is giving you a false sense of security if it is making you believe there is a difference. There are good people everywhere and nasty pervs everywhere. Btw, I know complete losers that find a way to pay for that stuff. Idk why... probably use grandma's credit card or something...
VegasLAbound
on 1/13/12 12:22 am - Cleveland, OH
Lol...i died

jaded123
on 1/12/12 10:48 pm - MD
I met my husband on americansingles.com in 2005.  We got married in 2006.  I don't know if that site is still around or not.  I had tried eharmony and match, and went on dates, but didn't find "the one." 

My brother met his wife on match.com about six months before I met my husband.  It was a busy wedding year for my family!

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

swarner0502
on 1/12/12 11:06 pm - PA
VSG on 01/04/12
i met my soon to be husband on eharmony.. it didnt take that long and the process is really easy. good luck :)
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views