Do our tummys "lossen up" as the day goes on.

CCinIndiana
on 1/23/12 1:43 am - IN

Hi Everyone,

I am six months and a few days out.  Have lost 79 lbs!  Took me over a month to get through the 70s!  Am so excited to be in the 160s....haven't weighted this little since high school! 

My question is about our tiny tummys. I have noticed that dense protien is much easier to eat for dinner then for lunch.  Usually just a couple of bites of chicken for lunch makes my tummy hurt.  But by evening I can eat 3 oz  without difficulty.  Do you think out stomachs relax or something as the day goes on?  If so I wonder if most of our "slipping" happens in the evening?  Anyone else experince this.  Its happened to me repeatedly.  I eat a portion of something for dinner with no problems at all and eat the exact same thing for lunch and bam I am stuffed and hurting. 

I usually eat cottage cheese and sugar free peaches for breakfast so that not as much of an issue.  I am interested in hearing others experiences!

Thanks Cathi

wls2011
on 1/23/12 2:15 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Congrats on your success so far! 

I can't say that I've ever noticed this...and can't imagine that it stretches out more later on in the day...I do know that I have more head hunger in the evenings, when I'm bored and watching t.v. and can eat larger portions...but mostly that is because it is junk food and it goes down so easily...dense protein is pretty much the same capacity no matter when I eat, and I stick to about 3 oz. now since about 7 months post op. Before that my capacity was smaller and I had to eat a few bites to at the most about 1 1/2 oz.

Your stomach is right at the time when most of our capacity increases, so maybe yours has begun to increase.

Also, sometimes, it depends on how soon I'm trying to eat again or on what kind of food I ate last that determines how much capacity I have at a particular meal.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

abrown8434
on 1/23/12 2:24 am - VA
I don't know about stretching but my tends to "wake up" as the day goes by. In the morning it's not too happy w/solids. I usually get my first 1/2 or 1/3 of liquids in and a protein shake for breakfast. I'll have a light protein snack and then I have lunch at 1:00pm. By then, it's ready for whatever solid I want to give it.

Try the other way around and I usually whine because I just don't want to eat. Then I have never been a breakfast person, (especially not healthy choices), so perhaps it's more mental vs. physical.

I dunno. :o) Congrats on the loss by the way!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

howarli
on 1/23/12 3:28 am - MD
My stomach has always been in a league of its own(digestive problems).  I can seem to eat the most in the morning.  I night at eat very little because I want to make sure my food digests before I lay down.  Also, my liquid intake in the evening is very limited because if I lay down soon after drinking only about 4oz. I have the strangest noises in my throat that will last about an hour.  This morning I eat most of a whole egg (double yoke) with cheese and 2 pieces of shrimp toast. I could never eat that much for dinner.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views