New sleever here!

Teresa H.
on 1/25/12 12:40 am
 Hello everyone!  I am brand new to this forum.  Just had my sleeve this past Monday, 01/23/2012, so far everything is going great.....just had a overnight stay in the hospital, and even had my drain removed before I left.  The only thing that worries me is trying to get all of my protein in.  What are some of your 1st and 2nd week recipes that worked for you?

Thanks,

Teresa
Beth S.
on 1/25/12 12:44 am - VA
VSG on 02/22/12
Congrats on your new sleeve. I get mine 2/22/12! So excited and nervous. I'm having my surgery done at a new practice (the doc has done it many times but this practice is new) and I feel very uninformed and not prepared. What exactly is a "drain"?

Also, how bad was your pain?

Sorry I couldn't answer any of your questions!
Texdawg
on 1/25/12 1:00 am
VSG on 01/17/12
I had mine Jan 17. I'm on liquid diet for 3 weeks and drink 3 glasses of Nectar each day for protein. Congrats.
BROOKE H.
on 1/25/12 1:26 am - WI

Hello and congrats! I had mine done 1/16 and my NUT said it is common to not be able to get ALL the protein in right away, but try the best you can for these first 3 weeks. I am on pureed (or soft food chewed VERY thoroughly) and typically what I have been eating is eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and chicken - all protein stuff. I am really trying to get all my protein in without the use of shakes and powders.....Good luck!

Surgery Date: January 16, 2012
Highest weight: 367 Surgery weight: 360  Current weight:248
Total lost = 119

Florida_Pam
on 1/25/12 1:29 am
VSG on 01/04/12
 My doctor requires full liquids from day 3 to day 28, I have one more week to go, so I have this down to a science.  Of course protein drinks are the easiest way. Unjury chocolate is my favorite. My dr also allows puréed cottage cheese on full liquids which is a great source of protein, you can mix in some flavors too like I blend in pears in a no sugar added sauce and purée. Another great source of protein is Fage Greek plain yogurt, you can use Torani sugar free syrup to add flavor, they have tons of different flavors. You can also get unflavored protein powder to mix into soups but I'm not a big fan of the taste.  Hope that helps.

HW: 335.6,  SW: 328.2,  CW: 287.8
Teresa H.
on 1/25/12 11:23 pm
Thanks everyone!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views