Book Recommendations

loveliveteach
on 1/29/12 10:34 am
So I just found out on Friday that my surgery may be pushed back due to insurance :( My surgery was scheduled for 2/14, only two weeks away!!

I have no idea when my new date is. But I am trying to remain positive. I feel ready and I feel like I have enough support.

My awesome nutritionist has given me a practical meal plan based on foods that I already enjoy eating and has made great suggestions to try new foods and to limit over eating. She has been very helpful in answering my millions of questions and giving me lots of resources to use.

I went to a therapist solely for my pre-op evaluation and i have been going once a week ever since, for anybody who hasn't been to therapy I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have somebody else to talk to, somebody who is there only for me, I think he will be very helpful on this journey.

My primary doctor  has been so helpful in this process, he is the one *****commended weight loss surgery in the first place. His receptionist probably hates me by now with all the referrals and etc. Maybe I wil send her a little thank you gift when this is all over with lol

I have OH, I have only been a member for a short time, but I have been reading and taking notes for much longer. I always make sure I have my notebook when I come to OH So I can write down the tips and etc that I think may be helpful. You have all been a great resource!!

My family knows that I am having the surgery, well at least those that I talk to on a regular basis. Most of them are overweight and probably not the most sane people to get advice from but they are there if I need them. My hubby travels  for work so we are on the phone and skype a lot, but he is very supportive as well. In addition, I just contacted one of my sisters friends who lives locally and had the sleeve done over the summer :) 

So with all this in place I need to find something to kill the time until my surgery!

My nutritionist recommended the book "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" by Patt Levine and Michele Bontemo-Saray.

Anybody have any other book recommendations? 
My actual goal is to be happy & healthy....doesn't matter what number that lands on.      
HW 253  VSG 7/31/12 SW233 One day & one step at a time! 
kahlana
on 1/29/12 1:21 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I have the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies book and The Weight Loss Surgery Workbook as well as the Weight Loss Surgery Coping Companion. All 3 are available on Amazon.com. I am just getting into the Coping Companion book since it is designed for after surgery. The Dummies book is pretty helpful and explains a lot of the terms of each surgery in really clear and concise language. And I like that you can start where you are in the journey or you can read it cover to cover. The Weight Loss Surgery Workbook was great in that it really helped me solidify my reasons for doing this and get specific about what I wanted to see changed with this surgery. All 3 are very informative and good reads.

My Blog My Facebook

jengo1971
on 1/29/12 8:25 pm
the Beck Diet solution, train your brain to think like a thin person by Judith S. Beck.  This book uses Cognitive Therapy techniques for dieting.  Recommended by Brandilynn. 

~Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
summer24
on 1/30/12 1:49 am
"Shrink Yourself", and the "Thin Commandments" are two of my favorite books. I still go back to them every now and then.  They help get your head in the game.
loveliveteach
on 1/30/12 12:06 pm
Thank you everyone!!
Most Active