OT kinda Woman steals t-shirt intended for young girl Video and comments

SleeveRockn Chic
on 1/30/12 11:26 am
 Yeah the chic was completely in the wrong for stealing the tshirt what a witch for taking something that was obviously not meant for her. Read the comments the hurtful hateful crap that ppl posted that focus around the womans weight.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPlk9nG_Yc

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

MizzEvil
on 1/30/12 11:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
To be honest, I'm not really offended by that because ignorant people attack the obvious. If she was skinny and hispanic, they'd throw racist comments, etc.
I just find it halarious when people think that they are in the right when they attack someone for doing something they think is morally or ethically wrong.... which in their mind makes what they are doing right. But really it's makes them worse than the person they are attacking.
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/12 12:10 pm
Put those same people in a ball park and I would bet you they wouldn't think twice about snatching a ball out from in front of someone who was in the perfect position to catch it...child or not. I've seen it on the news many times.  I don't think it would have mattered fat or skinny, people will be haters.
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/12 12:11 pm
PS.....I've seen the same thing happen at weddings too!  Ever watch videos of a bride tossing the bouquet??? WOW!  Some women will kill for that handful of flowers!
Georgie Mayhem
on 1/30/12 2:08 pm - New Zealand
I didn't think it was that bad, I'm pretty competitive so if its fair game, would of done it also.
Also I'm a very nice caring and a giving person, so wouldn't of thought it was hurting anyones feelings by  grabbing it first.
Also the tennis guy didnt seem to give a crap?

goingforit1
on 1/31/12 1:32 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
I feel bad for that young girl but the comments?  It's true that obese people are treated differently.  It's like people are so disgusted our appearance that they can't focus or see anything else.  This is one aspect that I'm going to have to "get over" as I lose the weight.  i will be upset at people treating me differnent becuase I am the same person, fat or thin.  Ya know?

I am on a liquid diet right now and went to the store yesterday to get some sugar-free popsicles.  As I was there my college-aged kid called and asked if I could grab a bunch of snacks for him and his roommates (he doesn't know I can't eat anything-otherwise that might be kind of insensitive but I'm keeping it all on the down low!).  I got chex mix, pringles, jerky, sugar cereals, ice cream, and some frozen pizzas.  Now if my thin son was buying these things the cashiers ask if they're having a party and laugh.  When *I* buy these things I get a cashier saying, "wow. lots of snacks" with an eyebrow raise and plenty of judgment that's so thick you can feel it.  I'm embarrassed to buy things, even when they aren't for me, because of the comments I get.

I truly believe that prejudice towards obese people is the only form of prejudice that is still socially acceptable.  I hope that as I lose weight I can someone still be a voice for my former self and for others out there struggling.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views