1st stomach flu since the sleeve

Happy Camper
on 2/9/12 11:21 am
 I woke up at 4am with the Norovirus (stomach flu). Horrible!  I was worried about the local outbreak and if it would be different after the sleeve.   The only difference was throwing up and not having anything in my stomach so it was just bile and foam. It was awful!  I'm just starting to feel better tonight  and had a couple of cashews but jus****er all day.  I'm very achy and hoping I'm done with the big D and nausea.  I'll probably be at goal tomorrow!  Well.. Not quite.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up since its that time of year.

newme2011-2012
on 2/9/12 11:31 am
I am so sorry you are sick with this virus. My daughter works at a retirement home and she got it right before Christmas.. She was so sick... Somehow the rest of us didn't get it..
Feel better soon!!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

SassyItalian
on 2/9/12 11:57 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Being sick after VSG ..SUCKS!!!

Because we arent gettng as much food or fluids it seems way harder to handle..and way easier to get dehydrated. I was sick a few times within 3 months of my VSG and had to go in for fluids to stay up on it.

Being further out and handling sickness is much better, though I still feel like I get knocked on my butt more by illness.

Anyway, it sounds like you are doing ok, drink drink drink and get better soon, friend.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Happy Camper
on 2/9/12 12:44 pm
 Thank u.  Unfortunately, the nausea just returned!  Ugh!

tripmom02
on 2/9/12 1:03 pm - NJ
 It's been kicking around here and I know it's just a matter of time before it hits us (with three kids in school and a husband who takes public transit, we get EVERYTHING!). 

Hope you are feeling 100% very soon, I know how bad it can be, I had it with my band and it was literally the most horrible feeling ever.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Happy Camper
on 2/9/12 1:17 pm
 Thank you.  I had the band for three years before revising to sleeve, but I didn't get the flu during that time.  Thanks for the well wishes.

thisbe777
on 2/9/12 2:00 pm
 i had one run-in with a gastro bug....  my little bitty stomach had a hard time trying to turn itself inside out....   dammit, it HURT!

fortunately, it was only one time.....  

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Happy Camper
on 2/10/12 4:13 am
 Oh no!  I'm so sorry. 

horselovenlady
on 2/10/12 4:25 am
VSG on 04/15/13
I had the horrible stomach flu, when my band was filled and I thought I was going to die, from the flu and the pain of the band.  Oh Dear Lord never again..

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

LB 7/2008 LB Removed 2/2012  HW:225  LW:165

Sleeve Date 4/15/2013 / HW:240  SW:228  CW:165  GW:140  HT: 5'2"

horselovenlady
on 2/10/12 4:26 am
VSG on 04/15/13
Feel Better.

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

LB 7/2008 LB Removed 2/2012  HW:225  LW:165

Sleeve Date 4/15/2013 / HW:240  SW:228  CW:165  GW:140  HT: 5'2"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views