recuperation question

Angiekitty
on 2/10/12 1:50 pm - MD
 I know a lot of people suggest sleeping in a recliner after surgery but alas I do not own one. I was wondering if anyone has tried pregnancy body pillows as an alternative?
Any suggestions or recommendations would be most welcome!

I am scheduled for my sleeve on 2/20/12

thanks
newme2011-2012
on 2/10/12 2:24 pm
The pillow will work just fine. I slept in a bed right away withthe aid of pillows... It was nice sleeping in a bed I got more rest.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Angiekitty
on 2/10/12 2:39 pm - MD
 Thanks Julie.
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/12 2:53 pm
I had my recliner all set up for my return from the hospital. I ended up sleeping in my bed and was glad for the wonderful rest I got. I did use a bunch of pillows to prop myself up a bit to make getting up easier. Other than the muscle pain upon getting up, being in bed was comfortable.
kahlana
on 2/10/12 6:07 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
i didn't have any pregnancy pillows and although I do have a recliner on my sofa i ended up sleeping on my own bed (a 30 year old waterbed) but propped all around with about 15 pillows. Yes i used just about every pillow in the house including throw pillows lol. Sleeping in my own bed while a little rough cus my honey is a tosser/turner was marvelous just for the feeling of being able to stretch out flat-ish and really rest. if sleeping in your bed is too hard (getting up and down was the worst for me) try propping up on your couch with pillows.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going for you!

My Blog My Facebook

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/10/12 8:30 pm
I have a recliner, but didn't use it.  I slept on the couch with a bunch of pillows under my upper body or in bed the same way.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

fit2lose
on 2/10/12 11:53 pm - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
You now have me wondering if the getting out of bed is going to be as bad as when I inflammed a disc in my lower back.  That sure was painful, but I learned the art of rolling out of bed.  Luckily my bed is really high, 19 inches just on the matress plus a boxspring and then the frame starts about a foot off the floor.  At 6'2 the bed comes up to my waist.  Anyone have luck with rolling out?
Teresa H.
on 2/11/12 12:26 am
 I slept on a chaise lounge my first night home.   I would definitely suggest pillows or what ever else needed to prop you up a bit.  Lying flat and trying to get up was extremely painful to me!
AMoody
on 2/11/12 1:55 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I was told by surgen NOT to even sit in a recliner for 6 months because the pressure points on your legs can cause blood clots and they said that in bariatric surgery that is the number 1 thing they worry about. I have a recliner but I have not nor will I sit in it till I start going back to work in 6 weeks.  I dont know about you but in the hospital they had my legs wrapped in a sling/pump think that actually circulated the blood in my legs while I was laying down and then was told that if you ahve longer then a hour drive to get out of the car and walk around so that no blood clots could form and to move your feet up and down even while driving.. Thought you would like to know what told to me..
Good luck

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Angiekitty
on 2/11/12 2:44 am - MD
 Thanks everyone for the responses. It's kind of funny but I never noticed how low my furnitue sits until I decided to have surgery...lol...My bed is the tallest piece that I have so I will find a way to make it work. I guess I am just feel anxious about being comfy at home. I am your classic side/tummy sleeper and I want to be as comfortable and rested as possible  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views