5 1/2 wks, first dinner out, Japanese

kwiegs3856
on 2/11/12 4:39 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
OK, I need ideas, what can I eat besides Miso soup?

SFChorus
on 2/11/12 5:02 am - CA
I'll be eight weeks out on Wednesday so I'm a little ahead of you, but I've been enjoying sashimi for the past three weeks.  It's light, but packs a pretty potent protein punch!  Plus it's yummy.  I like the taste of the fish so I generally don't dip it in soy sauce, but if you must, I'd suggest the low sodium variety.  I haven't tried sushi just because I'm afraid of how the sticky rice will expand in my little tummy.

I hope you enjoy your dinner out!

frisco
on 2/11/12 5:12 am

Have them add a little more Tofu into your Miso Soup......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

kwiegs3856
on 2/11/12 5:33 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
Two great ideas, I'll get both and take home whatever is left!  Thanks!

Pooch2
on 2/11/12 5:34 am
@ 6 weeks out my surgeon add soft white fish to my diet... which I pushed up to 5 weeks, so if you have been tolerating all foods in their progress, as I have, I would have to try a piece of soft sashimi (no rice)   I haven't been out to dinner yet but I am sure I would have tried some sashimi at 5.5 weeks in that situation, chewed really well, and see how it goes, with the knowledge of bathroom location, just in case....and if it works, my second piece would have had some soy sauce and a bit of wasabi on it.....(but you probably should follow your surgeons advise not mine..LOL)    If your going to have miso soup and tofu, which would be wisest choice, I would have the soup first, that should probably finish you off anyway!  

I have had a few ounce's of hamachi sashimi at home with soy and wasabi, several times already with no upsets or problems, hope it goes well for you..... 
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Most Active