Stalls suck but....

carrierae
on 2/13/12 3:04 am - WA
Okay...stalls suck. Those times when the losing is maybe an 1/8 of a pound every 4 or 5 days suck. I am the first one who wants to go oh to hell with it and eat some junk that I love to eat cause "Im not losing anyways"...but...

After you get through that rough patch it feels SOOOOO GOOD when your body plays catch up and the pounds just melt off. 1lb one day, 2lbs the next etc. It is AMAZING!

Also I was so big and all of my clothes were stretchy and elastic wasted (no buttons/zippers for me) that I didnt go down in size for a long time. I mean until the last couple weeks. It was after I had lost 70lbs before I could fit into 22's. That also is so amazing!'

Bottom line, keep doing what you are doing. Relax and enjoy it. Stay strong even in your moments of weakness. Dont panic. It is well worth it.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

BigDaddyD
on 2/13/12 4:14 am - MD
VSG on 01/18/12
Good to hear...my three-week stall hit right on time and hasn't let go yet.    Keeping fingers crossed.  Congrats on pushing through yours!

hwag5149
on 2/13/12 4:27 am
I totally agree with this post. In 2 months I've had 2 periods of time where the scale didn't move for over a week (almost 2 weeks one time) and I freaked out. It seemed like an entire month that time! Very depressing. It's weird how this stuff works. This week the scale didn't move for 4 whole days but in the last 3 days of the week I managed to lose over 5 pounds... freakin wonderful! Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing fat or muscle because it doesn't seem like I'm losing too much actual volume and I've lost almost 60 pounds and I haven't gone shopping yet but I highly doubt I could fit into smaller sizes. I am pretty sure I had stretched all of my clothes out to be bigger sizes than what was on the tags so if I went to the store I'd probably just fit into the size that's on all of my clothes!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

cpbkmb06
on 2/13/12 8:08 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I wonder if my body shape affects the sizes I wear. I have worn the same size through 247 lbs to 290 lbs. It is depressing. I am down again in the 260's but of course haven't noticed a change in the way my clothes are fitting. I am shaped like a pear too:(  I am almost 2 weeks out and just dreading the stall:( 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views