ummm where did this libido come from?

carrierae
on 3/3/12 12:48 pm - WA
 was it hidden in those 87 pounds (like hormines hidden i  fat)? is it that i am proud of what i have done in such a short time? is it that i am less self conscious and self loathing now? or is it that i am almost 35 and at that magic time of life when a woman hits overdrive in this department?

it wasnt even like this a few years ago when i was around this weight after losing about 40lbs. i swear...it happened all of the sudden and is rampant.

anyone else experience this? in the last couple years i have not been into the sex life because i guess i just felt i was so huge and not worthy. i didnt like myself at all and hated that i was so weak to get to that point. i felt bad that my husband had no choice but to have sex with this bloated fat person, not the not so bloated not so fat person he married. now. yes, lights are still out and i still have a long way to go but i am always in the mood. 

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

Pooch2
on 3/3/12 1:17 pm, edited 3/3/12 1:23 pm
Sounds healthy and normal for your age, with the absence of the burden of weight ........
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
plush
on 3/3/12 1:19 pm - Peekskill, NY
VSG on 02/04/12 with
 My libido has increased. For me it is the hormones. I am happy to have my groove back. I thought it was because of age, hitting 30's and all.

BW: 279lbs  SW: 255lbs GW/MW: 160lbs
melz1974
on 3/3/12 10:02 pm
VSG on 07/10/12
I don't know if it's "normal" or "abnormal" but who cares!!  Go with it girlfriend!!  Enjoy every minute!!! 
isabellarossellini
on 3/3/12 10:02 pm
 That's so funny!  I'm totally going through the same thing.  I'm 36, but I don't think it has to do with the age, as much as, the self confidence coming back.  It's crazy too, just like you said, I'm getting into the clothes that I was in at this point and I'm having flash backs of how disgusted I felt with myself, versus the high I'm on now.   At this weight when I was gaining I just cut off dating, going out, and flirting with men, because I just felt so awful about myself.  it's crazy what a mind game it all is.  I find myself now flirting and making eyes with guys, its crazy.  Wish I were married, cause I'm still terrified to date, I don't want this good feeling gettig crushed.  I need to get advise from all the single ladies about dating post surgery!  Congrats on the libido, bet your husband is thrilled! HA 
Jaybee766
on 3/3/12 10:03 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
All I can say is congrats to you both! lol

I love that this thread had over 130+ looks and not so many replies.  I think everyone is interested.  :-)
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Sara M.
on 3/3/12 10:59 pm - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
I sure hope that this happens to me after significant weight loss :)

Go with it!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
NanfromSan
on 3/3/12 11:04 pm
VSG on 12/09/14
Very normal.  The biggest aphrodisiac is the brain.  So when you feel good about yourself it's only natural to feel that way.  I remember being crazy for it when I was at my lowest weight too.  Everything looked great on me.  I felt beautiful.  I could wear lingerie that I only dreamed about before LOL  Enjoy it.  It will only get better as time goes on and you lose even more weight

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Marabell
on 3/3/12 11:17 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
I am married as well and although my husband adores me and my weight is not a turn off for him...I just feel disgusting about myself so...    well, let's just say that hubby is praying that I have the same post surgical reaction as you LOL!!

enjoy and have fun with your new outlook on love, life, and yourself!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views