Anybody 2-4 months post op?

Jamie D.
on 3/11/12 3:48 pm
Just wondering how you are making out and have your intake increased.  Wondering if you are getting in all your protein?
prevsgcrys
on 3/11/12 4:45 pm - OH
I am doing well, down 53 pounds...going thru my longest stall ever currently... my intake varies day to day some days I feel like I m able to eat just a little more, other days not so much.... really depends on what I eat.. average of 2 to 3 ounces of food....def no more than 4 ounces... really truely depends on density of protein.  Only time I am really able to do 4 ounces is like greek yogurt...I dont like to do 4 ounces of anything..mentally I think it is too much and I dont want to push my sleeve as I have never thrown up and dont intend to start!
prevsgcrys
on 3/11/12 4:46 pm, edited 3/11/12 4:54 am - OH
forgot to say my surgiversary is today! ( 3/12/11 ) my protein ranges from 60 to 80.. have no problem getting its, as if I am not in the mood to eat, I drink it!
Jamie D.
on 3/11/12 7:31 pm
 Wow I'm at about 3/4 cup of food now and I avg about 60 grams if protein and 5-7 cups of fluid. But some days I feel so hungry all day long. Since Nov 29, 2011 I am down 76 pounds. I work out a min of 3 times a week. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/12 4:50 pm
I'm three months out. I generally get between 80 and 100 grams protein each day. My calorie intake has really increased over the past month and a half for two reasons, I think. The first is that my sleeve according to the doc is pretty much healed as far as swelling goes and I have greater capacity for solid protein - about 2 to 2 1/2 ounces. The second is that I'm working out 5 days a week and have added back a second protein drink each day. My daily calories average now about 650 - rarely get to 700.

Weekends are still hard - not on a regimented schedule and I forget to eat. Tonight, for example, I still hadn't had enough protein or calories, so I was making another shake (3rd one for the day) around 9:45.
Jamie D.
on 3/11/12 7:33 pm
  Wow I'm at about 3/4 cup of food now and I avg about 60 grams if protein and 5-7 cups of fluid. But some days I feel so hungry all day long. Since Nov 29, 2011 I am down 76 pounds. I work out a min of 3 times a week. 
So wht is a daily meal plan for u. I avg about 1000 cal a day. 
doggz109
on 3/11/12 7:05 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I will be two months out in two days.  I honestly have to strictly plan and schedule my "feedings" to ensure I am getting enough protein.

I'm not saying this to brag....but I literally will not eat all day if I don't make a plan.  I feel little/no hunger (except occaisonally a bit of an empty feeling when I wake up).

I'm getting 70-90g protein on most days and need to up my fluids.  I am getting around 50-60oz a day...need to get that up.

I can tolerate most foods now.  I am eating practically NO carbs at this point....and not intentionally its just that I can't fit much more in than my protein.

I had an incident last week where I was like WTF.....and tried some nachos when I went out with a friend.  I was just drinking ice tea but they were eating and I was like....wonder how I would handle a chip (dangerous thinking btw).  I ate 3 tortilla chips w/ melted cheese.  Yeah....had an upset stomach and bad gas approx 30 mins later and my sleeve was upset with me the rest of the night (lesson learned).

Anyways...sorry for the ramble.  So yeah...2 months out....getting 70-90g protein a day (1....sometimes 2 shakes a day....trying to get that down to just a shake in the morning).

I've lost 54 lb so far.
Jamie D.
on 3/11/12 7:36 pm
Wow they must not cut out my hungry sensor. I thought tht w/ the sleeve u wasn't suppose feel hungry but some days I feel like I can't get enough. Probably jus my mind cause I sure can't get it down.

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/12 7:51 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Some folks do not ever feel hungry again. There are MANY of us who absolutely do still have hunger.

The first question though is are you on an acid reducer or a PPI, because acid can mimic hunger.

I have been hungry since surgery, it just is what it is.  I wonder if those of us who do feel hunger from surgery on are blessed because we learn to deal with it early (I feed myself on a schedule every 3 to 4 hours) and those who do not have hunger early on and then do later, some of them are kind of panicked when it happens.

Either way we work with the hands we are dealt.

Good job on your work so far, keep it up!

newbylife
on 3/12/12 6:20 am
VSG on 02/02/12
HI Doggz109!! We have the same surgeon Dr Wetter! Dont you just love him? I was sleeved 02/02/2012 and have lost 32.4lbs so far. What were you eating 5 weeks out? I struggle with the food choices coz I get bored easily. Any advise?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views