3 WEEKS POST STARTING ON SOLIDS

kjenk
on 3/12/12 3:56 am
VSG on 02/20/12
I am 3 weeks out today. I have been eating solids. And I feel like I am eating more than what I was able to eat 2 weeks ago. I know I should not have eaten any solids yet but I have no will power. Also, my weight loss has stalled , so I have decided to go back to liquids. I am in serious need of advise! HELP!!

HW 287 SW 266 CW 236

emelar
on 3/12/12 4:09 am - TX
At 3 weeks, I could eat "soft" foods on my diet.  Things like tuna/chicken salad, soft cheeses, fish.  So, where are you suppose to be on your plan?  If it's purees, then go back to purees.  No need to beat yourself up by going back to liquids.

If you feel like you're eating more, it's because the swelling in your tummy has gone down.  Measure out your portions and don't eat any more than you measure.  If you feel full while you're eating your portion, then stop.  1 1/2 to 2 oz is what you're looking for right now.

Weight will go up and down.  This is normal.  Pick one day a week to get on the scale and stay off of it for the rest of the time.  You'll make yourself crazy with the daily fluctuations.

Best of luck!
kjenk
on 3/12/12 4:28 am
VSG on 02/20/12
Thank you very much for the advice and support. I am suppose to be eating soft foods like baby foods but I am not a fan. But since I can tolerate chicken and tuna and cheese, I think I will stick to that and monitor my intake like you suggested. AND I AM DEFINITELY NOT WEIGHING MYSELF EVERYDAY! It will just make me feel like a failure. Thanks again for talking me off the ledge.

HW 287 SW 266 CW 236

emelar
on 3/12/12 4:44 am - TX
Not a problem.  We've all had days staring down from the ledge.

My favorite food at your stage was a little tuna, a little mayo, sprinkled with a little cheese and heated, like a tuna melt without the bread.  And I'd look at the little 2 oz mound of food, and my head would tell me that I'd still be hungry when it was gone - and I wasn't.  In fact, most of the time, I couldn't fini****  This qualifies as a minor miracle for me!
Georgie Mayhem
on 3/12/12 2:00 pm - New Zealand

you must follow the plan, becareful.

Alot of leaks can happen of that 3 week mark, so just pace yourself, I myself are 3 weeks and have to wait until the 6 weeks to eat full foods, its bloody hard I just keep reminding myself a leak is not worth it

Lisak52
on 3/12/12 5:30 am - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
I am also 3 weeks out today. My diet of mechanical soft started today.
It is going OK,Just having trouble with the fluid intake. Chili is on the menu for me tonight. It is right where I am supposed to be.
I hope it went better for you than it did for me. Had a rough first week. Extra night in the hospital and difficulty with taking anything in even pain meds. Much better now though.
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

kjenk
on 3/12/12 11:38 pm
VSG on 02/20/12
Thanks all for the responses. I think I am back on track after that scale jolt of reality. I will be careful as to what I consume because I dont want any leakage and everytime I have that crazy thought I can eat popeyes chicken, I will think of possibly rupturing a staple (eww). I have had a pretty easy recovery so far, dont want to chance anything.

HW 287 SW 266 CW 236

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views