Oh what to tell the hubby when he says, "What's for dinner?"

Babydoll58
on 3/15/12 11:49 am - AZ
I am on a roll tonite...haven't had my surgery yet, but I get so irritated when I hear my husband ask "what's for dinner!" I am trying to get him used to planning and cooking on his own, but I feel bad and wind up fixing something for him.............blahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Perhaps he will just learn cold turkey??????

Kevin H.
on 3/15/12 11:56 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Hand him a cheese stick and a yogurt 

Babydoll58
on 3/15/12 12:01 pm - AZ
Loved it!! LOL

sleevegirl
on 3/15/12 11:56 am - Austin, TX
Take turns. Have your night be 3 nights, his 3 nights and the other is a night out or do leftovers or something. When he asks... tell him he's having whatever he fixes. He'll get over it.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Babydoll58
on 3/15/12 12:02 pm - AZ
Babydoll58
on 3/15/12 12:04 pm - AZ

Funny, think I will tell him that!!

AmberK
on 3/15/12 11:59 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I know this is not good and kind of ironic since i just had weight loss surgery, but this is what I did. I bought hot pockets, frozen dinners, corn dogs, etc. anything that all he has to do is heat up. So for the first week he didn't have to worry about cooking, as he was taking care of kids and doing laundry and everything else. Tonight however I I did fix some meatball subs for my family, and they really appreciated it. I have just over a week out! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Babydoll58
on 3/15/12 12:15 pm - AZ
Some real helpful ideas......thanks a bunch!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/12 12:04 pm
I am the "hash slinger" in my house. I announced about 3 weeks prior to being sleeved that I was not going to be cooking meals for a while after surgery and then asked what I could get in the house that would be easy for my partner to fix. That's worked out really well. We've never had a problem.

Now at three months out we eat basically the same for dinner, except of course, portion size. Guess who else has been losing weight and is very happy about it?! LOL!
Babydoll58
on 3/15/12 12:22 pm - AZ
Hash slinger...I like that! Sounds like you have it down pat....., I want my hubby to live a longer life too, so I am hoping to convert him to the healthy foods, and not bring home the bad stuff!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views