Liquid Diet boredom

Jen Starr
on 3/16/12 2:12 pm - NJ
So I'm only 5 days out of surgery and will be on clear liquids for 2 weeks.  I'm bored already and wondering if anyone had any brilliant finds that I have overlooked.  I'm doing the usual broth, diluted clear juices and gatoraide, Italian ice (I' not really an ice pop person) I have jellos, but I don't really care for jello either.  I've had some hot tea to get me through my caffeine withdrawel...really missing my coffee with sugar free creamer.
What is everyone else eating?  I need some ideas 

moonglo82
on 3/16/12 2:19 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I tried Sobe Lifewater the other day... it was pretty good! Still a fruity flavor, but at least a different one.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

kahlana
on 3/16/12 3:04 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I had the same issue during my liquids stage. My other problem was that nearly everything I could think of that was clear liquid was so dang sweet. (My sweet tooth was also removed during my surgery apparently. Who knew it wasn't in your mouth with the rest of your teeth?) I ended up getting creative with my spices and broths. Some worked really well others not so much. You just have to experiment with what flavors you like and which you don't. The 2 weeks will go by quicker than you think just hang in there. Soon you will be able to have pureed stuff and that's when the fun begins :D Seriously, there are so many soups that taste so good pureed (Progresso's Homestyle chicken noodle was AWESOME!!)

My Blog My Facebook

kahlana
on 3/16/12 3:07 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Oh and one other thing.. be really careful with teas. They should be herbal otherwise you are still irritating your newly healing stomach with tannins. I know the caffeine withdrawals are hard (I knew how hard so I stepped myself off regular coffee until I was on full decaff and I knew I wouldn't miss it when I couldn't have it after surgery.)

My Blog My Facebook

Jen Starr
on 3/16/12 3:14 pm - NJ
 I think that is a lot of my problem...I've never really had a sweet tooth so that is leaving me basically broths, water and tea that i can think of.  My husband made sausage and peppers for him and the kids for dinner and the smell of it nearly brought me to tears! LOL I had to hide in my bedroom with the door shut for an hour so I couldn't smell it.  I just keep saying to myself, It;s only 2 weeks...It's only 2 weeks! I've got this! LOL

kahlana
on 3/16/12 3:23 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I'm sending huge hugs... I know how that feels to be living on liquids and everything your honey makes leaves you dying for a taste. My honey made venison steaks with bell peppers and mushrooms one night and I finally broke. But... I didn't break all the way. What I did was take one bite of steak and chew it until there was no flavor then I spit out the mush. I did NOT swallow the steak because I was scared to death of messing up my new tummy but just the chewing and flavor of the steak helped so very much that I didn't feel like I was going to lose it. Now that i think about it I think I was about 5 days out too. If you can resist swallowing it, give it a try but if you even have the slightest idea that you wont be able to stop yourself from swallowing then dont do it. Too bad they don't make steak flavored gum huh? lol

My Blog My Facebook

Jen Starr
on 3/16/12 4:03 pm - NJ
or sausage flavored gum!!  I think tomorrow will be worse...very irish family and we LOVE getting together on St patricks Day for the whole Corned Beef and Cabbage thing complete with buttered irish soda bread, green cake...ugh. It's one of my favorite days of the year... I think I'll stay home and rent a movie with my broth 
lol

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/16/12 9:53 pm
You're right!  It's only two weeks!  You can do this!  Here's some protein shake ideas if you are looking to mix things up:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/5906-a-huge-list-of- protein-drink-recipes/

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Kathy C.
on 3/17/12 12:19 pm - GA
VSG on 03/12/12
I'm right there with you, Jen!  I had VSG on Monday and I am over the sweet liquids!  The only thing saving me is the chicken broth!  I have several different sugar free drinks, teas, chocolate protein shakes, popscicles, etc...but nothing of substance!  My husband got Papa John's last night and I thought I would go crazy with the smell!  Let's hang in there together!
I went to the closet and found an outfit that I hope I fit into by the time I go back to work--I hung it on the dresser knob and I'm going to keep looking at it and trying it on for inspiration. 
Good luck and praying 8 days go by quickly!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views