tips for saggy chin skin

carrierae
on 3/28/12 11:45 am - WA
 from when i had my double chin i now have saggy skin. not a lot yet, ut more wit every lb lost. it starts on my neck where a mans adams apple would be and is about 1 inch wide. it goes up to my chin. any tips from you losers :)

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

Brenda777
on 3/28/12 11:58 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Perhaps it depends on your age.

I'm not young.   I lost and kept off 71 pounds with WW prior to the sleeve.  And yeah, I have loose skin on my neck.  Nothing I can do about it... maybe  surgery at some point to tighten it up.  

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

Rosemary1031
on 3/28/12 12:21 pm - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Yes, as a matter of fact I do have tips! I was starting to show loose skin on my neck as well and decided to investigate to fight this off early. I'm only 6 weeks post op.

First, do neck exercises. Simply, stick your lower jaw out until you have an underbite and stretch your neck back by looking all the way up at the ceiling. Feel that stretch? good. keep working on it. I learned this from a great video series on youtube called FaceYoga or something like that. there are other exercises there for the whole neck area, even the cheeks.

Second, get yourself a good firming cream. The best one I've tried is Avon's dramatic firming. I've tried other expensive brands before but this one is the best and it's inexpensive. I use it on my face and neck in the morning and at night before my moisturizer. Yes, it does work, I've noticed that turkey neck reduce in the last few weeks, especially since I started the exercises.

Don't beat yourself up about saggy skin, though. It's a sign that you're meeting your weightloss goals. It is what it is, but luckily there are ways to avoid it!

Good luck!
R

carrierae
on 3/28/12 12:29 pm - WA
Thanks so much! I am "exercising" as I type.

Not beating myself up at all...with how much skin I had sag is just part of the journey. It actually makes me happy. I don't see a change in the mirror so much to see sag I know things are changing.

Just figure if i can reduce by even 5% that is a win!

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

Could_It_Be
on 3/28/12 12:52 pm
I've noticed that I lose volume (fat) and then a couple weeks-months later the skin tightens up.

VSG on 6/22/11
thisbe777
on 3/28/12 3:01 pm
 l'oreal revitalift....   all over your face, neck and chest....   not gonna get rid of all the saggies, but it will help...  i've been using it for 10 years.....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 10:27 pm
 I want you all to be aware of a technique that may minimize or prevent your saggy skin. So please share. It's called Dry Brushing. I don't know why it isn't promoted but Definitely start dry brushing! After having kids, gaining weight and losing 99 pounds. I had stretch marks all over. I'm pretty sure I purchased more than $1,000 worth of skin cream :-( So I can tell you nothing works. I purchased generic items to expensive items from my homeland. I was considering a tummy tuck surgery for the excess skin that I had but for the stretch marks I was at a lost. I found information on a technique and it worked wonders for my skin. It's called Dry Brushing. I started a new website for women and men who are constantly seeking new ways to eliminate or minimize saggy, loose, or stretched marked skin I started my site to spread awareness because after dry brusing for about year and half, eating good, using coconut oil, and organic soap, my skin has become so amazing. My stretch marks are not completely gone but they have become very thin and nearly invisble. The skin also has tighten up :-) All you need is a dry brush, soap, and coconut oil and your set. Everyone's results vary.    For Dry Brushing Techniques and Product info  http://www.tightenthatskin.com/p/dry-brushing.html
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 73 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 273 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views