Flavor to Plain Yogurt

ostydahl
on 3/28/12 11:21 pm - West Haven, CT
VSG on 03/13/12
 Hi ...I just had my Sleeve surgery on March 13th and I'm trying to figure out the eating thing ...having a hard time even getting a little egg or cottage cheese right now.Dr's office said I could still be swollen. The only thing that goes down is yogurt ...i got some plain greek yogurt thats low sugar high in protein but is there any way that i can flavor it a little?

thanks!

Pam

J.Lo 74
on 3/28/12 11:36 pm
Sugar-free Torani or DaVinci syrups are excellent.  You can also try sugar free jello mix and sugar free pudding mix. 
debk21
on 3/29/12 12:05 am - Mansfield, TX
I also like sugar free preserves in it (strawberry is my favorite)...Congrats on your surgery and your new tummy is definitely swollen...take advantage of this wonderful time when you can only fit an ounce in there - it doesn't last...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

PBJ
on 3/29/12 12:13 am
I could not tolerate an egg for months...don't pu****you are healing and still swollen inside!  Just make sure you get your protein and liquids in.

good luck
patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
ostydahl
on 3/29/12 1:31 am - West Haven, CT
VSG on 03/13/12
 Thank you all for your help .... i'm going to stick to the yogurt for this week ...I'll try food again next week!

soulsister
on 3/29/12 3:00 am - NY
Stevia and a bit of sugar free pistachio pudding is yummy!
ELevyNJ
on 3/29/12 3:36 am - NJ
Amazon.com has the Torani Variety Pack, Sugar Free, 25.4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6) for 34.89 but if you sign up for subscribe and save it's 29.66 you get the following flavors

Vanilla, Hazelnut Classic, Carmel Classic, Chocolate, Raspberry and Irish Cream.

I liked the Carmel, Chocolate, and Raspberry mixed into my Greek Yogurt and my shakes. Of course not all at the same time.

One bottle on it's own is around 15 at Amazon so the 6 pack is a great deal if you like 3 or more of the flavors in the 6 pack.
Mermaid7
on 3/29/12 3:35 am
I found that only real foods tasted right.  For example frozen strawberry mashed, or a part of a banana.  Some brands of fruit spreads are good too.
Yogurt is so good for you.
Good luck.

SandraKay
on 3/29/12 11:34 am - San Antonio, TX
I put a little Splenda and cinnamon in my greek yogurt. Even a year after my surgery it is my favorite go to meal. Keep put with protein and water. Good Luck, Sandra
HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views